Stephen King's THE DARK TOWER (28 July 2017) Directed by Nikolaj Arcel

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
d86856.jpg

mckee74

Distinguished Member
The poster is incredible. I'm still concerned but intrigued.

At least with it being Sony the UHD will be good.

gavinhanly

Distinguished Member
Have heard through the grapevine... slightly unflattering things about this. Which may explain why we still don't have a trailer.

DrapedInDarkness

Distinguished Member
That trailer is complete meh for me and does not make me particularly hopeful for the future of the tower.

mckee74

Distinguished Member
This is going to bomb.

richardb70

Distinguished Member
An awful lot of shots of Idris raising his guns towards the camera. Still, looks intriguing, especially if they go mad with links to other King properties (Pennywise would be a great tie-in). As it's a sequel, I guess all bets are off.

richardb70

Distinguished Member
Aha, just noticed that Pennywise is in there, look for 1:30 in the trailer.

bash

I know nothing about Dark Tower so I have nothing to bitch about regarding casting, authenticity etc. The trailer looks intriguing enough, pretty big budget so it looks confident and some nice shots. With it being a sequel to the books I can't help but smell whiffs of franchise builder as well though.

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
I think people are expecting it to be extremely close to the books, when in fact, you can feasibly argue that this is another turn of the wheel. The
Horn of Eld is within Roland's possession
at the end of the books, which means it's potentially going to be quite different.

I liked the references and in particular, the way that Roland can almost reload his revolvers at inhuman speeds (rolling across the belt, tipping in and catching the whole clip) and that the beams were clearly referenced.

Given that this is a new story, I won't be disappointed really - I enjoyed the books and was at peace with the way they ended (eventually!). Anything more is just a bonus in my opinion.

Lusankya

Looking forward to this.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

PSB Speakers unveils Passif 50 loudspeaker
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Samsung Gaming Hub goes live
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Huawei unveils FreeBuds Pro 2 true wireless earbuds
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sony unveils Inzone gaming brand