Stephen King's Cat's Eye 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Captain Ron

Distinguished Member
Every time I’ve seen this film I’ve loved it. Will definitely add this to my collection.

richp007

Distinguished Member
It's been a long time, but if I remember rightly this fits nicely into my "bonkers" category.

Snake79

I haven't since this in a very, very long time. Not a film that I thought we would see on a 4K disc. However, I've been on a bit of a purchasing spree of obscure films that I remember watching as a kid that I had to order it.

I remember the cat, the troll, Drew Barrymore and 'Every Breath You Take'.

I just need Maximum Overdrive to go with it now.

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Ta Coz. I can just about remember this one but never felt the need to own it on Blu never mind 4K. Some really odd 4K decisions this year as Ive mentioned before.

Swizz

My first fond memory of this film goes way back to the late 80s..I must of been 8/9 years of age. It was shown on ITV at the time, and it was part of the "Night Time late film" I thought it was good fun, and still do to this present day. I for one will be picking this up.

Drax1

Distinguished Member
Cheers for that Mark. I've always had a soft spot for this ever since the troll sequence graced the cover of Starburst magazine. I'd be happy to pick this up once the price drops.

Captain Ron

Distinguished Member
I have a fear of insecure heights and that psycho pidgeon from Hell made me sweat!

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
I was scared of the troll (probably still am)

Snake79

So I watched this Sunday evening and I actually enjoyed a bit more that I thought I would. Having not seen it in something like 30 years there was a lot that I had forgotten. It was quite funny at times and actually quite scary in a couple of places. It does feel like lower tier Stephen King though but it looked suprisingly good considering, and when my memory is that of a VHS tape recorded off broadcast tv it has never looked better.

One thing that did suprise me was the score. Alan Silvestri did this the same year as Back to the Future but it's hard to imagine that it was done by the same person, bar a similar melody. It feels very cheap, very synth and very 80's. The music when the troll is in Drew Barrymore's bedroom is unnerving, especially when you see it's rather hideous features close-up. The effects work on the troll is really good and looks much more realistic than a cgi creature would if it were made today.

I agree that it's definately more for die-hard King fans or those like me who remember it fondly watching it as a kid.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom