Stephen King's 11.22.63 (US)

Uk pace ep4: Starting to get dull in this episode & in danger of becoming a soap opera :(
Will remember it for a contextual word I had to Google
clothespin :confused:

Cars are still great :)

Ha ha I remember googling that when I watched it a few weeks ago. Had to rewind to try and understand what she was saying..

Ha ha I remember googling that when I watched it a few weeks ago. Had to rewind to try and understand what she was saying..
Yeah seems a lot of viewers have judging by the auto complete/suggestion!

This became a chore to watch in the end as it became a love story for a few of the character, was really distracting
Since it skips loads of the book it was disappointing for me.

Know what you mean, I had very high hopes for this, it started well, but it's ok, just not as good as it could've been.

Also whatever happened
to the time resistance stuff?

Show was OK, the book was way better. Unless they make something new then there couldn't be a second series

Watched the season finale last night and thought it was ok. Not great but certainly not terrible either. Glad it was only 8 episodes though

Not something I'll watch again I reckon, brilliant opener & good end plus decent bits in between but the side tracking with Sadie (so mushy) & Bill was a hindrance. Should have been a more focused 6 episodes & with Past fighting back.

Not something I'll watch again I reckon, brilliant opener & good end plus decent bits in between but the side tracking with Sadie (so mushy) & Bill was a hindrance. Should have been a more focused 6 episodes & with Past fighting back.
I thought the "past fighting back" thing was a pretty terrible idea tbh.

What I don't get is Jake's reason for doing the whole thing in the first place. What in his life and his world in 2016 is so bad that you want to risk it all by saving JFK?
doing something like that might mean you're not actually born anymore

Totally agree on that, Jake had no motive in doing this and accepted the job without much of a thought.

Overall it was a good to series and one I don't regret watching at all, there was a good chemistry between the main leads and was a bit of a unique show compared to everything else available at the moment.

Totally agree on that, Jake had no motive in doing this and accepted the job without much of a thought.
Yeah, the thought being that saving JFK would change the world, which it undoubtedly would.

No Motive Or thought ? his best friend wanted him to do it who then died.

No Motive Or thought ? his best friend wanted him to do it who then died.
Hardly motive enough to change the world, I mean my best friend wanted me to go and watch Batman vs Superman at the cinema and I had to seriously think about whether I could sit through 2 hours of nonsense for him.
Jake just kind of says, yeah ok i'll do it, why not. What's the worse thing that could happen.:facepalm:

I would have taken lots of things from the future with me and certainly would not have thrown my phone away

But it resets every time you go through, so it didn't really matter, if you don't like the outcome, just go back and reset everything.

But it resets every time you go through, so it didn't really matter, if you don't like the outcome, just go back and reset everything.[/QUOTE
True but he still had to spend 3 years there. I know time effectively stood still in the future but that's still a big commitment just to realize a dead friends dream.

But then he was happy back then, with Sadie, so it wasn't really a hardship. Pretty sure in the book (it's a while since I read it) he did go back and forth several times.

I suppose it's the old "would you go back and kill Hitler" thing, you automatically assume yes, you would, but there's no telling how things would change if you did.

But then he was happy back then, with Sadie, so it wasn't really a hardship. Pretty sure in the book (it's a while since I read it) he did go back and forth several times.

I suppose it's the old "would you go back and kill Hitler" thing, you automatically assume yes, you would, but there's no telling how things would change if you did.
I guess if Hitler directly effected you as in family killed by him or maybe you suffered in a concentration camp etc then you'd have a reason to. And although my family all fought in the war I wouldn't go back and kill Hitler as it would probably mean I wouldn't be born

But then you're complicating things, if you hadn't been born, how could you have gone back and killed Hitler in the first place?

I find with all these time travel things, as much as I love them, it's probably best not to think too much about it :laugh:

Jake went back to try and stop Oswald because it seemed like a good idea at the time :)

I would think the fact that he thought he could change Harry's (?) life for the better, by stopping his dad from killing the rest of his family, he assumed that stopping Kennedy being killed would just make everything better on a bigger scale.

But then you're complicating things, if you hadn't been born, how could you have gone back and killed Hitler in the first place?

I find with all these time travel things, as much as I love them, it's probably best not to think too much about it :laugh:

Jake went back to try and stop Oswald because it seemed like a good idea at the time :)

I would think the fact that he thought he could change Harry's (?) life for the better, by stopping his dad from killing the rest of his family, he assumed that stopping Kennedy being killed would just make everything better on a bigger scale.
But surely Jake would have grown up watching Back to the Future as a kid and therefore would know all about Space Time Continuum :)

Also his divorce had come through - no marital relationship to worry about!
Got to say, just finished this and if I knew Sadie was at the other end of a broom cupboard I'd go too! Loved the show, just don't make a season 2 and spoil it!

In the book he had different motivation to go back.

Loved the show, just don't make a season 2 and spoil it!

Agree 100%. A nice change to see the whole story within 8 episodes and a great story to boot. I also thought that the acting was very good, particularly Daniel Webber who played Lee Harvey Oswald.

The book is well worth picking up. It's subtly different from the TV series and plays more on the 'man out of time' theme; King at his best in my opinion.

This is a good show, i'm up to ep5

Agree 100%. A nice change to see the whole story within 8 episodes and a great story to boot. I also thought that the acting was very good, particularly Daniel Webber who played Lee Harvey Oswald.

The book is well worth picking up. It's subtly different from the TV series and plays more on the 'man out of time' theme; King at his best in my opinion.
I always thought King was more just on the horror side, but this is very Sci-Fi. I don't normally read books but I have just picked this up on ebay!

i liked the story of him and sadie, which was bittersweet, that of Harry Dunning

was he wearing the diapers throughout the story

Fracnco was very good in this

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom