Stephen King's 11.22.63 (US)

SourKraut

I'm up to episode 6, and I'm really enjoying it. Its great to see the fashions of the day and the old cars, I think its really well done, but I've not read the book either :)

QuestShield

Distinguished Member
Watched first 2 episodes.. very compelling. It also has a nice Stephen King feel to it. Haven't read the book yet but will get around to it.

Ado43

I'm onto the third episode now and finding it hugely underwhelming.
Loved the book, which I finished about a month ago and had hoped the show would make a defect stab of it.

domtheone

Distinguished Member
20 mins into EP4 right now.

Been watching non stop from the beginning a few hours back.

Great stuff:thumbsup:

BName

Banned
seen the first two episodes and it has potential to be a good show.

Up to date now and waiting for the 8th final episode next week.
It is abit slow but entertaining at times, I think the final will end on a Cliffhanger.

Last edited:

BName

Banned
Great Finale 8/10
Is there not going to be a season 2 ? It did not finish like i exspected it to ?

BName

Banned
I read they are still desiding on a season 2

richp007

Distinguished Member
Watched the opening episode tonight. Was very good. A couple of confusing/muddled bits, possibly to be explained later I expect. But I really enjoyed it.

And those cars :eek: What a time it must have been to live. I've always been fascinated with American history, and I would have loved to have been around the US in the 50's and early 60's.

RiceRocket

Yes I'm on UK pace & it's brilliantly portrayed.

Question
when he comes back to the modern diner & 2 minutes has only elapsed is his body still aged by how long he actually lived in the past?

richp007

Distinguished Member

Question
when he comes back to the modern diner & 2 minutes has only elapsed is his body still aged by how long he actually lived in the past?

It would appear so judging by what happened with Al (Chris Cooper). His body developed Cancer whilst he was in the past.

Jason56d

Question

Not 100% sure, but I think it's just how long he has been away in modern time?

Am sure it was explained in one of the scenes in an early episode, but I have forgotten now!

BName

Banned

Question

When i was watching the whole thing i got the feeling He remained his modern day age for the whole time.

richp007

Distinguished Member
I'm pretty sure I'm correct in saying

his body does age as it would normally whatever time he is in.

It's just a few years in the 60's are only equivalent to a few minutes in the present day.

So at the start when Al comes back looking rough as hell, it's because his body has aged normally for the few years he was in the 60's, and in that time he also developed Cancer.

RiceRocket

I was wondering on this premise in if he want back for like 1960 to 1990 then on returning he's still old

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
I really enjoyed this! Started it on a Thursday night, quite late so only time to watch the pilot episode, but immediately hit it off, and the next day at work all I was looking forward to was getting home to throw on a few more episodes. Turns out I had an early finish, got home and completed the remaining 7 episodes same day! Been a while since I did that.

In a way I'm hoping they make a second season, as I really enjoyed the first. But on the other hand, I'm hoping they leave it where it ended as it worked really well.

richardb70

Distinguished Member
Just finished this, and yes, the ending was the same as the book.

I thought they did an excellent job, and didn't mind the changes at all. Please not a second series though.

jdevil

Distinguished Member
This became a chore to watch in the end as it became a love story for a few of the character, was really distracting

RiceRocket

Uk pace ep4: Starting to get dull in this episode & in danger of becoming a soap opera :(
Will remember it for a contextual word I had to Google
clothespin :confused:

Cars are still great :)

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Piega launches Ace Wireless speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
M&K Sound launches V+ Series subwoofers
  • By Andy Bassett