1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stephen King - The Stand

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by beth29901, Sep 27, 2003.

1. beth29901

beth29901

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone out ther know if there are plans to release Stephen Kings - The Stand on region 2?
    :confused:

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi Beth,

Firstly, Welcome to the Forums! You'll find the people here are all very friendly and knowledgeable. My name's Pooch, and I'm a Moderator here - someone who helps look after the running of this section of the forum. Feel free to Private Message me, if you have any questions or queries. :)

Okay, onto your question: as Warner Home Video are the company who own the rights to almost all of Stephen Kings filma nd TV shows, it is goign to be they who decide to release or not release "The Stand" onto UK DVD.

As far as I know, there are NO PLANS at this time, to release it on to DVD. If you can, buy the Region 1 version, realeased from Artisan. It's just over 6 hours long, and is a double-sided (or flipper) disc, but is worth getting.

Failing that, you may have to try and get hold of either the old UK VHS release, or wait until the BBC or the Sci-Fi Channel repeats it again. (It was shown on Sci-Fi about 4 months ago, in eight one-hour-long episodes, rather than the orginal four ninety-minute part format). Oh, and so as not to worry you, each part runs for 1 hour with adverts, or 45 minutes without them. This is because the mini-series was made for US TV.

Hope that helps. :)

Pooch

3. spidermanalf

spidermanalf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    Pooch are you on heat?

4. beth29901

beth29901

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :clap:
    Hi Pooch
    Thanks for your help on that one! - unfortunately I will not be able to play it one region 1 on my machine - but may consider getting it on VHS
    Thanks again

Beth29901

5. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's not a flipper anymore. It was originally a DVD-18 but was re-released as two DVD-9s.

7. beth29901

beth29901

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't think I can play NTSC, just PAL :(