Stephen King‘s Salem's Lot (TBC) Gary Dauberman

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Stephen King‘s Salem’s Lot is on the way, The Wrap reports, with James Wan producing and Gary Dauberman (It, The Nun) writing the script.

The new Pet Semetary was not too popular

Always liked Salem's Lot though. Here's hoping they get this one on the money.

Salem's Lot is my favourite Stephen King book (I haven't read all his books so there maybe better ones.)

The original TV mini series was great , it changed the story and characters from the book but it worked as a TV adaptation of the book. The second effort, the one with Rob Lowe was forgettable. James Wan is a clever director but he is just producing so I have no idea whether it will be just a screen credit or whether he will be hands on (to make it work.)

Pet Semetary looked from the trailer like a shot for shot remake of the first one. I couldn't bring myself to see it as I had recently watched the original on 4k bluray and didn't really need to see the same thing again with different actors etc.

I like the old James Mason/David Soul mini series, that worked a lot better than the later do-over with... was it Rob Lowe and Rutger Hauer?... anyway, I'll be happy to watch another stab at it, it's a decent story

Good casting if they can get him, not so sure about Christoph Waltz though. I hope they don't show Barlow and the vampires too much, until the end at least. They are more creepy that way.

another re-re-re-re-reboot. yawn, so far.

No-one loves a bit of Salem's Lot more than me.

Bring it on.

I must admit, while I thought King's book was a very ploddy affair, I found the mini-series with Soul and Mason very creepy, particularly the scene with the kid at the window. And in my honest opinion, Mr Barlow has never been bettered as a vampire on the silver screen. He was all kinds of awesome. I just hope they do a better job than the last remake.

I must admit, I'd prefer to see movies of They Thirst or Necroscope. Two of the best Vampire novels I've ever read (though, Necroscope is a series of novels).

I must admit, while I thought King's book was a very ploddy affair, I found the mini-series with Soul and Mason very creepy, particularly the scene with the kid at the window. And in my honest opinion, Mr Barlow has never been bettered as a vampire on the silver screen. He was all kinds of awesome. I just hope they do a better job than the last remake.

I must admit, I'd prefer to see movies of They Thirst or Necroscope. Two of the best Vampire novels I've ever read (though, Necroscope is a series of novels).

I started rewatching the original David Soul classic, last night will finish rest off probably Friday. not watched it for past 25 years or something, so far it stands up well surprisingly did not know Tobe Hooper directed it 😊

If there was every a book crying out for the HBO mini-series treatment, it's Salem's Lot. The book spends so much time setting up the town, the people and their back stories that I doubt you could turn it into a two hour film without loosing the novel's spirit. Still, Gyllenhaal is a great choice for the role of Mears.

I’ll like to see Sinister, Doctor Strange helmer Scott Derrickson direct this, and not the Pet Semetary duo of Kevin Kölsch & Dennis Widmyer

shame they got Gary Dauberman instead

Last edited:

Alfre Woodard cast as Dr. Cody

0E94EE0F-FB9D-47B2-9862-5F27953C881D.jpeg

Systemsdead’s favourite Uncle Mike Flanagan would had been a better choice than Gary Dauberman 🤣

First footage has been shown at Cinemcon this evening. Fingers crossed a trailer will land in the very near future.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom