Step Into Liquid WMVHD DVD just arrived

is this a special version of the film? or is it on the general release

Its the normal region 1 DVD release, but it also includes a Hi Def version of the feature in WMVHD.

Regards

Kramer

You could just order one, like a normal person :D

Anyway, there's some pretty cool waves in Donegal as you will see, its even compared to Hawaii, only colder :laugh:

Unfortunately, still the same internet DRM crap, requiring a proxy server etc..

Regards

That's really disappointing. So much for all the talk of the authentication being on the disk itself.

I thought the Coral Reef Adventure disk had the rights management in this way on the disk. Anyone know if the on-disk DRM is the way further disks are going to go, or will they all be like this?

Shame as I was going to buy this, but can't be bothered with messing around with proxy servers etc.

Ian Guinan

Ian

I've been using the original proxy server that I found to watch T2 and it still works for T2, and now Step into Liquid, So the DRM issue is not that big a problem, If you can just find the right server.

You are really missing out by being put off by this DRM issue, Its worth the trouble. to watch Hi Def.

Regards

so if the entire film in HD or is it just a watered down version?

Originally posted by BrianCurran
Ian

If you can just find the right server.
Yes but finding that server isn't always easy.

Is there just the one version of this film out,as the Region 1 suppliers I've looked at don't mention the HD disk?

Regards
Baggy

Baggy

To find a server you will need to search for proxys for US Universities etc... That's where I found the one I use.

I ordered it from PlayUSA.com, and AFAIK there is only one region 1 version available.

Regards

Brian,
A good tip.
Must admit I haven't tried this for ages as I got tired of the hassle.
Will give it another go though.

Regards
Baggy

Got the Step into Liquid disk, searched for proxy servers with Copernic.
The 6th one I tried worked and wow.......
......what a picture.
The detail in the waves is stunning. The entire film is stunning.
I played it back on a Samsung 240T with a native resolution of 1920 by 1200 and with my nose not quite pressed up against the screen, it's almost as good as being there. (Maybe better cos I don't get wet)

If you have seen the 1440 trailer for T2, its like the extra detail you get when the explosion fills the screen.

If you want to see HD, get this disk, but be prepared to spend some time trying different proxy servers. The 6 I tried took less than 30 minutes.

Its well worth the result.

cosmic023 said:
So much for seeing the back of DRM issues !! :mad:

Maybe they'll get it right one day !! ;)

What's wrong with region protection that actually works?

:p :D

Yeah ok fair point Kramer, but why can't we just buy a disk without online licencing ?? And use some form of on disc software encoding ??

Because if they carry on with the DRM issues, it'll mean i won't be able to play these disks, because my HTPC doesn't have a net connection.

I've just been given this by a friend to try, but it seems incredibly grainy. I thought this about the DVD version, but then when I put in the WM9 disc it seemed to be just as bad. Is this NTSC or am I just plain fussy?

Cheers,
Richard.

ricahrd said:
it seems incredibly grainy......... the WM9 disc it seemed to be just as bad.

You must have a setup/config issue as there's nothing grainy about it, especially the WMVHD version :eek:

Maybe your gamma settings are far too high?

Kramer said:
You must have a setup/config issue as there's nothing grainy about it, especially the WMVHD version :eek:

Maybe your gamma settings are far too high?

I dunno, I didn't check the DVD through my normal player on the TV but my mate with his Plasma said he thought the DVD version through his component output player seemed very grainy on his plasma?

I've given it back to him now, I'll have to nab it again to check and see.

Cheers,
Richard.

OK, I got some proxy server address, could somebody explain me how to designate a proxy server under Windows XT?.

TIA

JayP

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom