Promoted Steinway Lyngdorf – The Ultimate Music and Home Cinema System

Lighting is DMX and was specified by the client.
Yes it is dual screen with a mezzanine level that is accessed via the bar/games room.
We simply added an M&K 2.2 IW950/V12 speaker system for the audio when sporting events are viewed. The top screen retracts when not in use.

Lighting is DMX and was specified by the client.
Yes it is dual screen with a mezzanine level that is accessed via the bar/games room.
We simply added an M&K 2.2 IW950/V12 speaker system for the audio when sporting events are viewed. The top screen retracts when not in use.

Aha, a separate speaker system - makes more sense then. Lighting aside, I do love a mezzanine and that is a really cool idea, using the upper wall as well :)

It's a nice space, but I'm not a fan of the lighting tbh.

Also, is that a dual projector screen setup in the same room (seating downstairs and upstairs)? How does that work re: sound?

Looks like a fantastic room, I must admit I’m in the same camp. Georgian barns and pink lighting don’t work for me at Christmas or even children’s parties let alone a cinema room. Maybe I’m too old 😳

Certainly too old to be going to children's parties....

Hi Trevor

I’m sorry to hear about your problems with your MP60.

This year we have sold around 25 Steinway Lyngdorf and 70 Lyngdorf Processors. All the Steinway Processors have been installed without issue but we have had reports of DMI HDMI problems on some Lyngdorf Processors.

The HDMI section in Lyngdorf and Steinway Lyngdorf Processors are the same which shows the problem is down to their installation and set-up. Steinway Lyngdorf Processors are installed in new projects with all new cables and components while Lyngdorf Processors are often retro fitted into existing systems which is where the problems occur.

In an existing system where a HDMI 2.1 Processor is installed, every single cable must be replaced with Ultra-High-Speed cables Ultra High Speed HDMI Cable - Bandwidth Up To 48Gbps

When this is done, we recommend connecting one source at a time to check their stability before moving on and finally adding any additional display. This illustrates if any product in the chain isn’t compliant.

There are known issues with Apple, Sky, Sony, Samsung, LG products as well as the Receivers and Processors we use to connect them but all these companies are providing regular software updates to improve the stability and compatibility.

The HDMI standards include suggestions rather than requirements. It sends and receives audio and video signals as well as commands and requires all the products in a system to perform “handshake” before working correctly. The format is continually evolving and requires every link in the chain to be compliant making it quite unlike any connection.

The HDMI format has created huge problems for manufacturers, installers and consumers and we are all learning how to work with it, but it is most definitely a work in progress.........

If you are looking for the very best in hifi and home cinema, you really should make time to visit a few different showrooms. Most companies selling home cinemas recommend what makes them the most money rather than what will give you the best performance.

Steinway Lyngdorf provide higher quality sound than can be achieved with any other combination of equipment. Their patented technologies remove the noise and distortion found in all other systems so your music and movies sound cleaner, clearer and more natural.

If you are considering a visit, we highly recommend visiting one of these other showrooms so you can hear the Steinway Lyngdorf difference for yourself. The difference is very obvious.

• Habitech in Basingstoke – Wisdom, Accurus, Cinematech room treatment
  • InVision in Bracknell – Trinnov, Krix, Home Cinema Modules treatment
  • CAVD – in Marlow - Datasat, Pro Audio Technlogy,
  • Pulse in Essex – Storm, Alcons, Vicoustic room treatment
  • Artcoustic in Essex – Artcoustic

Are Lyngdorf Steinway systems custom install only ?

Del ( Japan )

They are typically always supplied and installed by a dealer but depending on the system, it could be something you fit and calibrate yourself.

Sorry, you know me and technology. I'm trying to find someone who can find a work around, until then, please check out the Gecko FB page, there's a really nice video showing the new systems in our showroom taken yesterday.

Sorry, you know me and technology. I'm trying to find someone who can find a work around, until then, please check out the Gecko FB page, there's a really nice video showing the new systems in our showroom taken yesterday.

I'm sure you'll get it fixed and i'll wit for that as I don't do FB. :)

Here’s a picture of our SL showrooms!!

CB1B8647-6CFE-4285-8701-D98203711F0F.jpeg

Oh for gods sake... one moment.

Try this on Chrome or Firefox - had to put my chicken dinner down for a moment.

A0A1B5D6-80C1-4B4B-8742-BC9D5F4E0642.jpeg

I'm always impressed by the unique quality of room treatment solutions that @Seriously Ltd provide. Note the unique bass trap in the upper right corner. This is a next level 4D chess approach.

These under rubble speakers are going to make serious waves in the industry along with the yellow bucket seat.

I don't see you in any of the 'work' pictures.... strange.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom