Promoted Steinway Lyngdorf – The Ultimate Music and Home Cinema System

Rock Danger

Distinguished Member
Well done Ross! Someone had to help him out. :clap::D:rotfl:

Help him out the door of a speeding car.......

That's my senior citizen badge in the bag for sure now.

Rob Sinden

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Many of the clients I’ve had recently have been from the music industry and I’ve been demonstrating just how amazing music can be from YouTube.

Steinway Lyngdorf systems sound even better than the system in their studios and there will be lots of musos soon enjoying Steinway Lyngdorf systems at home including one with 2 pairs of Model B’s on the ceiling in the kitchen. Rock n Roll.

If you don’t think of YouTube as a credible music source, here are a couple of recordings to try.

(24) Musical Performance by Sébastien Tellier. Cruise 2021/22 Show — CHANEL Shows - YouTube

(24) Biffy Clyro - Space (Orchestral Version) - Recorded at Abbey Road - YouTube

donttrustgoats

How different do the in-walls sound compared to their on-wall cousins? Seems like it would be a pretty big difference since the tweeter is enclosed and no longer a dipole.

Rock Danger

Distinguished Member
How different do the in-walls sound compared to their on-wall cousins? Seems like it would be a pretty big difference since the tweeter is enclosed and no longer a dipole.

Altho a bit polar opposite and not cousins so much. It seems the on walls deal with music better like the S-15's and also plenty good for movies. The something like the larger IW66's are not as open sounding but would melt your face off and more directional - literally what you'd expect from the 2 different designs of speaker.

Rob Sinden

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The speakers in most ranges provide a very similar quality with slight changes in the output and bass response between each model.

Steinway Lyngdorf speakers are all designed to meet a slightly different criteria, so if you are considering a system you need to find someone who is familiar with each and who can demonstrate as many options as possible.

Steinway systems all share the same electronics which create a shorter, simpler signal path between the signal and speakers. As less noise and distortion is added, you hear more detail. The speakers in that make this most obvious are made from metal rather than wood. Any wooden cabinet will create some resonance and when you can compare one with a metal and wooden cabinet next to each other, it’s easy to hear.

A free standing dipole is a whole different thing and they do sound more open and natural than forward firing speakers. They Model B’s, D’s and LS Concerts and LS Studios just sound like you are sat in front of a band.

Please let me know if you fancy a listen.

Rob

donttrustgoats

Thanks for the info!

Does the P300 have the same speaker configuration screens and EQ options as the MP-60? Or are all the settings fixed and come from the dealer config file?

the_dude2

I heard Models B and and S and the LS concert again recently. Simply stunning. Ridiculously so and I feel a bit sad I won't ever own any of them! Buy immediately if you can afford them as your search for the best system is over.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom