Promoted Steinway Lyngdorf – The Ultimate Music and Home Cinema System

Rock Danger

Distinguished Member
That's because he doesn't like you! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Well... I had to keep giving him piggy back rides and he taught me how to milk a cow blindfolded.

Seriously Ltd

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
This is a Steinway Lyngdorf 7.4.4 Atmos cinema room that we installed a while back.
It’s one of the best sounding cinema rooms we’ve ever heard.
Equipment used:
1 x P200 processor
4 x A2 power amplifiers
3 x IW26V LCR
4 x Model S on wall surrounds
4 x S15 in ceiling heights
4 x 212 boundary woofers
4.8m 2:35 Seymour screen
JVC NX9 projector
Custom projector shelf
Custom fibre optic acoustically transparent star ceiling 2400 fibre optics
Control4 automation
No room treatment
97E3868C-927A-4BF6-9733-96EC81958D41.jpeg
A6380C63-4FBC-4405-ABDD-EDEFDD3EEA29.jpeg
F1520C76-F17A-449B-B1D8-BE71DBD01F99.jpeg

24599D12-2F59-4E21-A4C1-D760AB2E0A9E.jpeg

Last edited:

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
@mb3195 thought you'd be all over this mate!

mb3195

Distinguished Member
This is a Steinway Lyngdorf 7.4.4 Atmos cinema room that we installed a while back.
Equipment used:
1 x P200 processor
4 x A2 power amplifiers
3 x IW26V LCR
4 x 212 boundary woofers
JVC NX9 projector
Custom projector shelf
Control4 automation
No room treatment
View attachment 1503822 View attachment 1503827View attachment 1503826
View attachment 1503824
That is one hell of a room rich 👏🏻

Mono

Looks great, very nice room
what the dimensions are?

Did you check the option to place the subs on the 4 corners?

Rock Danger

Distinguished Member

Tolq

Distinguished Member
Lovely install job @Seriously Ltd
I have 2 questions:

-Was that the S-15 or the IW-15 in the ceiling and how did you install them? I'm still trying to wrap my head around whether I can use the in-wall brackets for in ceiling installation or if I need something custom made like back boxes. o_O

-If the fabric ceiling uses fibre optics, won't it reflect the light from the projector, or is that negligible?

Steve413

Distinguished Member
Equipment used:
1 x P200 processor
4 x A2 power amplifiers
3 x IW26V LCR
4 x 212 boundary woofers
JVC NX9 projector
Custom projector shelf
Control4 automation
No room treatment
View attachment 1503822 View attachment 1503827View attachment 1503826
View attachment 1503824
It did sound good when it was calibrated....

The Carlton Kid

Novice Member
There is absolutely that Lyngdorf make great sounding kit but there is a serious flaw in the MP60. For anyone who just needs a single screen it is great but for me the Lyngdorf was a disaster. I have a Samsung 85" QLED (2019) and an Epson TW9400 projector in the same room. I only need 1 active HDMI output but the unused output can't be turned off. So for me there were major handshaking problems and I could only get a picture with both TV and Projector on at the same time. The problems were 1st blamed on the HDMI leads, then my AppleTV4k, and when it still didn't work the blame was the Epson. After 3 solid days spent trying to get it to work it was sent back. Why is there no way to disable the unused output on such an expensive pre/pro ? I have a far cheaper Yamaha and also a Marantz AV8805 and have no HDMI problems unless I try to have both on at the same time.

Lyngdorf is indeed great and the room correction is also first rate. Shame it didn't work for me.

Trevor

Rock Danger

Distinguished Member
There is absolutely that Lyngdorf make great sounding kit but there is a serious flaw in the MP60. For anyone who just needs a single screen it is great but for me the Lyngdorf was a disaster. I have a Samsung 85" QLED (2019) and an Epson TW9400 projector in the same room. I only need 1 active HDMI output but the unused output can't be turned off. So for me there were major handshaking problems and I could only get a picture with both TV and Projector on at the same time. The problems were 1st blamed on the HDMI leads, then my AppleTV4k, and when it still didn't work the blame was the Epson. After 3 solid days spent trying to get it to work it was sent back. Why is there no way to disable the unused output on such an expensive pre/pro ? I have a far cheaper Yamaha and also a Marantz AV8805 and have no HDMI problems unless I try to have both on at the same time.

Lyngdorf is indeed great and the room correction is also first rate. Shame it didn't work for me.

Trevor

Trying to do a catch all for EDID errors is near impossible. It's something that they'll need to address in software with a hotfix. One could ask how someone as massive like Denon, Marantz and Yamaha release a unit with no fix at all, but here we are, welcome to HDMI.

The Carlton Kid

Novice Member
Trying to do a catch all for EDID errors is near impossible. It's something that they'll need to address in software with a hotfix. One could ask how someone as massive like Denon, Marantz and Yamaha release a unit with no fix at all, but here we are, welcome to HDMI.
Well said, the Lyngdorf had a massive array of EDID settings but still had sooo many problems. Non of these settings are available with the Yamaha or Marantz but they work. The Yamaha works best and I can have both HDMI outs enabled at the same time and I can get video on the TV, Projector or both but sometimes not on any so I got used to just using the button on the remote to pick the one I was using. I am planning upgrading to either a Arcam AV40, Anthem AVM90 (when it becomes available) or maybe a Trinov Altitude 16 although not keen on the boot time of the Trinov. After all the problems with the Lyngdorf I am super cautious about making the same mistake again so need to ask a lot of questions.

Seriously Ltd

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor

Trevor
Hi Trevor,

This may be better placed in the Lyngdorf thread as this is the Steinway thread.
Lovely install job @Seriously Ltd
I have 2 questions:

-Was that the S-15 or the IW-15 in the ceiling and how did you install them? I'm still trying to wrap my head around whether I can use the in-wall brackets for in ceiling installation or if I need something custom made like back boxes. o_O

-If the fabric ceiling uses fibre optics, won't it reflect the light from the projector, or is that negligible?
we used the IW15 in custom made back boxes.
The fibre optic lights do not reflect the light from the projector.

Lesterjd

"Best in Class" Looks like Rich has done another world beater-set up, it looks really cool Rich. I think they'll be a lot of forum members wanting demos!!

Tolq

Distinguished Member
It's a nice space, but I'm not a fan of the lighting tbh.

Also, is that a dual projector screen setup in the same room (seating downstairs and upstairs)? How does that work re: sound?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Apple unveils MacBook Pros for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Apple launches third generation AirPods with spatial audio
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for November 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
PrimaLuna debuts Evo 300 Hybrid integrated amplifier