Promoted Steinway Lyngdorf – The Ultimate Music and Home Cinema System

Rob Sinden

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
A Steinway Lyngdorf thread seems overdue, so here is my attempt to describe their benefits.

Steinway Lyngdorf combine a range of technologies that remove the distortion found in other audio systems. They are only available as complete systems, but these systems will outperform any other combination of stereo or surround components.

The Technology

Steinway Lyngdorf remove the noise and distortion inherent in other audio electronics. Their patented amplifier technology, Equibit, directly converts digital PCM audio to the PWM analogue signal required to drive loudspeakers. This eliminates the need for a pre amplifier and the additional layers of A/D conversion found in other systems. Listen to a Steinway system and you’ll hear it is completely silent and will reproduce your music and movies with nothing added or taken away.

1.jpg

Reproducing bass accurately is one of the most challenging problems in home audio. Steinway have solved this problem with the addition a new category of speaker, the boundary woofer. Placed in pairs in the front corners of the room, all the sound they produce arrives at the listener position without secondary reflections from the room. This placement combined with a linear response to over 1000Hz and RoomPerfects’ unique design delivers better timing and quality than any alternative. Listen to some drumming, percussion or content with strong transients and you will hear the difference.

Speaker cabinets create unwanted resonances that colour the sound from the drive units. As the air in the cabinet is compressed, this restricts the movement of the drive units. Steinway have removed both these problems by producing speakers without any cabinet. A solid billet of aluminium holds the drive units in free air for the fastest, cleanest response. The open, dynamic sound this produces sound like the live event, rather a loudspeaker trying to reproduce it.

The weakest link in a good hifi or home cinema is the effect of the room’s acoustics. No amount of room design and treatment can remove the errors that the listening room creates.

Steinway Lyngdorfs solution is another patented technology, RoomPerfect, the worlds most advanced room compensation system. This process is unique in preserving the characteristics of the loudspeakers used while removing the acoustic errors your room creates. Designed to give optimal sound in normal, untreated rooms, RoomPerfect makes it possible to achieve the finest sound quality throughout a home.

Testing the Results

Steinway Lyngdorf are the only audio system capable of reproducing the live performance while their surround system deliver higher quality that the finest professional systems.

If you would like to put these claims to the test, please get in touch.

To find out more, visit the Steinway Lyngdorf website here

Seriously Ltd

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
We whole heartedly agree with all of the above.

We have installed countless cinemas and media rooms using a wide range of products and brands. As exceptional as these are, Steinway Lyngdorf cinema and music systems are just in another league compared to any other system that we have experienced.

We currently have the Model O system on permanent demonstration but are excited to announce that with the summer opening of our new showrooms, we will also be able to demonstrate the Model S and Model B systems in our new media rooms.

The majority of our clients that buy into the Steinway ethos are musicians, composers, songwriters, the film and TV industry and also those that are classically trained.

[email protected]

IWC Dopplel

Distinguished Member
FYI A recent trend I’ve seen is visitors choosing a Steinway 5 or 7 channel system over an 11-channel system from other manufacturers. If music is your priority I think this is definitely the way to go.

It’s the quality of the speakers, not the quantity.

I'd agree with quality over quantity and extend that to film as well

Rob Sinden

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
If you are looking for the best possible stereo or surround system, these combinations will outperform any alternatives, regardless of price.

Steinway Lyngdorf, Model S True Digital Systems with RoomPerfect
  • Stereo 2.2 System £37,185
  • Surround 5.2 System £68,985
  • Atmos 7.4.4 System £137,695
Please get in touch if you would like to audition any of these combinations

Rob Sinden

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The main “theme” of Steinway Lyngdorf systems is that they add less to the signal than any alternatives so music and movies sounds cleaner and clearer.

Here is my favorite full range speaker in their range, the Model B.

Each one has 6 x 12” drive units driven actively, so in addition to sounding more open and detailed than traditional hifis’, they also have way more power and bass extension.

Please get in touch if you want a listen.

163814062_750215479199134_7431484122825935953_n.jpg

Steve356

Distinguished Member
The main “theme” of Steinway Lyngdorf systems is that they add less to the signal than any alternatives so music and movies sounds cleaner and clearer.

Here is my favorite full range speaker in their range, the Model B.

Each one has 6 x 12” drive units driven actively, so in addition to sounding more open and detailed than traditional hifis’, they also have way more power and bass extension.

Please get in touch if you want a listen.

View attachment 1493541

My favourite too! :clap:

Just need to get that lottery win. :D

Rock Danger

Distinguished Member
My favourite too! :clap:

Just need to get that lottery win. :D

I only got to hear them a bit at ISE as I had food poisoning and was kinda swaying back and forward from that and also in less that ideal settings with people in the way etc and they sounded brilliant.

If I was a stereo guy this would be my pick. For home cinema I would go S-15 with their inwall atmos speakers. Or if I wanted moar explosion face melting then maybe the IW66.

It makes my system sound like a 1980's Hinari all in one and every other system I've heard to date for that matter.

Hi All - Here’s a hypothetical/just for fun question, just in case I get lucky on the lottery and my balls drop…

I actually live in Newbury, which is just a stones throw from Gecko Home Cinema so I’ve already sussed out where to go/my first port of call, in the highly unlikely event that I do win more than the usual ∼£2.60…

Talking about a Dolby Atmos system and If money were no object, I take it that most people in this thread would go for a Steinway Lyngdorf cinema system but what about the speakers & subs?..

With my current/modest budget, I currently have a penchant for PMC speakers and I know that they have a lot better one’s than my 4 x “twenty5 23” plus a “twenty5 center” and a couple of B&W ceiling speakers…

So, the question is - Would you go for a complete Steinway Lyngdorf cinema system, including speakers/subs or would you go with speakers/subs from different manufacturers?

Also, same question, if you only won a smaller amount and had to “settle” for a MP-60 2.1 plus power amps. Which speakers/subs?

Last edited:

Rock Danger

Distinguished Member
So, the question is - Would you go for a complete Steinway Lyngdorf cinema system, including speakers/subs or would you go with speakers/subs from different manufacturers?

Also, same question, if you only won a smaller amount and had to “settle” for a MP-60 2.1 plus power amps. Which speakers/subs?

Steinway Lyngdorf systems can only use their own speakers and boundary woofers, so there is no Steinway Lyngdorf with B&W speakers for example.

I use MK speakers, Paradigm Subs and Anthem and Lyngdorf amplification running from an MP60.

Rob Sinden

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Most Steinway Lyngdorf speakers have no cabinet so the cones start and stop quicker than a traditional box loudspeaker. They are also made out of aluminum which completely removes any resonances. When you hear how much cleaner and clearer they sound it makes you realize the flaws in regular loudspeaker designs.

As you live so close, why not come for a listen?

Most recent visitors have chosen a 5 channel Steinway Lyngdorf system over any 11 channel alternatives.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom