1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steering wheels

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by shill, Mar 20, 2003.

1. shill

shill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone recommend a recent steering wheel & pedals for the PS2 that is easily available from retailers. I was looing at spending about 40 quid if poss.

And another one..... Are there any good shooting games on sale at general retailers (I've got the gun but no games as yet !!)

Please help !!

2. mikthe20

mikthe20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I bought a Logitech Driving Force from Currys for £50 the other day - reduced from around £75 I believe. It's full force feedback (not just rumbles, but the wheel actually "pulls" against you in tight turns and so on) and it's fantastic, much better than any normal wheel.

3. shill

shill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for the advice matey, I'll have a look in Currys.

Any good driving games you can recommend ??

4. mikthe20

mikthe20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Well, if you haven't got Gran Turismo 3 or GT3 Concept then you really must start with these first - superb games and a greate driving experience, only let down by the fact you can't damage the cars and the AI could be better. Still a belter of a game and definitely the best driving game on the PS2. Also has special settings for the Logitech wheel.

Burnout 2 is great fun as an arcade game. WRC II Extreme is a very good rally game. And you might want to consider TOCA race driver as that has very nice driver AI. I can't recommend a formula 1 game as, although I like formula 1, F1 video games always seem really tedious - like the real thing, not enough overtaking opportunities. If you like bikes, Moto GP 2 is very good but GP 3 is due out soon so try to get it for £20. If you want to shoot things from a car, I find Twsited Metal Black a lot of fun against friends. You should be able to pick up some of these games at around £20 - try somewhere like Play . I never pay more than £20 for games - just wait a while and shop around.