Steering Wheel Mount.

Hi m8,
Would you be able to use it from a normal chair?
eg a sofa etc?

What i mean is, is the stand tall enough to get your legs under when in a normal chair?

:rotfl: No offence to anyone guys but this is one of the funniest threads I have ever seen.:rotfl:

how is it funny that a bunch of people are trying to help each other out?

just curios. :confused:
Some self-deprecating humour would be handy at this point :)

Truth is, If you like race sims and to use a wheel and pedals, the best way is to have them positioned a-la-car which means some sorta frame in the living room.

Truth also is that this may, to some, be akin to wearing a gimp mask and pink leather cat suit while having the vicar round for tea.

The latter group will be mainly made up of WAGs [and maybe MattTRD :D].

Ok recieved today and was in a really bad order with the box beaten up and it was dusty as hell so it looked as old as the hills. But i thought i would try it out anyway. Seat is sort of hard so definatly need a good cushion for extended use. Putting it up is pritty straight forward with good adjustments for all sizes of drivers. The pedals are screwed to a metal board and postioned in a slot so they dont move anywhere. Driving position is a little low but i think you would get used to it. Definatly hard to get in and out of but worth it for a good driving expirence. When desmantling you use release screws and it folds down into a small shape for storage which is excellent. For £50 all in i cant see anyone getting any better. I hope the included photos help better explain, any questions just fire away

Looks good :smashin:

How did you screw the pedals to the base?

Oh and i think he may have charged me twice for the VIX, Im going to get a proper bank statement tomorrow to check so keep and eye on your bank statement mate.

My missus bought me a wheel for Christmas, but as yet it's unused; you see in our 'room, I have to sit up on the bed to play the 360. So whilst I'm OK with the wheel on my lap, the pedals are just a no-no.

Am I scuppered until I get a proper house?! :oops: Any ideas, brethren?

Some self-deprecating humour would be handy at this point :)

Truth is, If you like race sims and to use a wheel and pedals, the best way is to have them positioned a-la-car which means some sorta frame in the living room.

Truth also is that this may, to some, be akin to wearing a gimp mask and pink leather cat suit while having the vicar round for tea.

The latter group will be mainly made up of WAGs [and maybe MattTRD :D].

o :p

Ok recieved today and was in a really bad order with the box beaten up and it was dusty as hell so it looked as old as the hills. But i thought i would try it out anyway. Seat is sort of hard so definatly need a good cushion for extended use. Putting it up is pritty straight forward with good adjustments for all sizes of drivers. The pedals are screwed to a metal board and postioned in a slot so they dont move anywhere. Driving position is a little low but i think you would get used to it. Definatly hard to get in and out of but worth it for a good driving expirence. When desmantling you use release screws and it folds down into a small shape for storage which is excellent. For £50 all in i cant see anyone getting any better. I hope the included photos help better explain, any questions just fire away

Good pics boss.
Just one thing though, is the wheel position a little high? Or can it be adjusted?
And how much did they charge to ship to Ireland?

There was no shipping charge and you can ajust the wheel hieght although looking high it does seem right when you are sat in it.

You can push the steering wheel forward so the middle bar is at a angle and lower but as limey says once you are in seems to work well you have great control of the car. Seems better than a controller can fix over steering out of a corner a lot better.

as for sitting on the couch wilst playing it doesnt come up high enough but im thinking of modding mines so it would do this.

Here you go boss its a real tidy job just took a minute or two to figure out.

As for the no shipping charges they used tnt delivery and they are really expensive. If it was me just go for it looks disappointting untill you actually sit in it.

Attachments

• DSCF1071.jpg
    DSCF1071.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 632
  • DSCF1072.jpg
    DSCF1072.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 559
  • DSCF1073.jpg
    DSCF1073.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 571
Heres the view from behind the wheel.

Attachments

• DSCF1083.jpg
    DSCF1083.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 687
No shipping £49.95 all included no worries.

Here you go boss its a real tidy job just took a minute or two to figure out.

As for the no shipping charges they used tnt delivery and they are really expensive. If it was me just go for it looks disappointting untill you actually sit in it.

Thanks mate i thought it only fitted the Logitech wheel, Thanks for taking the time to photo it :)

Me and the misses have just been trying to figure out where on the wheel base you screwed the plate in, Looks from your picture you made your own holes screwing through the plastic? :confused:

yeah thats right got wee screws and went for it

Me and the misses have just been trying to figure out where on the wheel base you screwed the plate in, Looks from your picture you made your own holes screwing through the plastic? :confused:

absolute pure class David.

although my girlfriend just looked over, and termed it slightly differently, but don't pay any attention, she doesn't understand.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom