SteelSeries Sensei RAW (Glossy) Gaming Mouse Review & Comments

Tech News

Reaction score
Reviewed by Manny Brown, 15th September 2012. The RAW might not have all the features of its elder brother, but its still another brilliant quality product from SteelSeries.
Read the full review...

Nice review mate :smashin:

The thing with mice is that it is a very personal choice. And a lot depends upon how one likes to hold a mouse- full hand, claw grip or finger grip. And you never know if you like one or not until you've used it for a few days.

I've owned some really quite expensive mice in the past including the following:

Logitech 510 (a legendary gaming mouse)
Logitech 518 (update of the above, which I liked less for some reason)
Logitech MX Revolution- far too fancy, laggy wireless, too big, too heavy, hated it, cost 80 quid :eek:
Razor Deathadder- hated it, stupid ergonomics, very uncomfortable

One problem I had is that I think many of the above were too big, but most decent gaming grade mice were quite large at the time.

I have settled on the following:

Cooler Master CM Storm Spawn Gaming Mouse - SGM-2000-MLON1 - Scan.co.uk

Cheap as chips but very comfortable indeed- small and light(ish), can use claw grip. Precision is good too. Only thing I would like is a snipe button like on the RATs.

personally i'm after a wireless mouse to replace my mx revolution as the rubber on the sides of that is starting to get sticky as rubber does eventually, and i do want a gaming grade one as they just seem so nice, but damn are they expensive, and a lot of them have too many buttons which look like they'd be in the way.

I was looking at the G700 until i touched it in PC world and realised the buttons on the left mouse button do get in the way and are really wobbly, and the chassis is made out of scratchy plastic! Then i thought about the R.A.T. 9 but decided against it because it looks like there's way too much to get dirty so it'll look like crap after a few months. Most recently i'm interested in the Razer Ouroboros which is out sometime this year. Similar to the R.A.T. 9 it's got a customizable chassis, but far more enclosed than the R.A.T. 9, and with that Razer panache. £125 to preorder though, pretty insane for a mouse, hopefully it'll drop to a better price by Christmas and i can put it on my list for Santa ;)

Yeah I've gone through a massive amount over the years, trying to find the right one. It is a hugely personal choice at the end of the day, and not something easily quantifiable. I know one chap that swears by the old Microsoft first generation laser and refuses to switch. Mad!

I got on well with the RAW but then I love my R.A.T. 7 as well, whereas I know some folks that find it completely uncomfortable to use (probably because it's all adjusted to my grip and whatnot).

Even there though, the sensor in the SteelSeries mice seems to be a step up on the others I have tested. It just worked almost flawlessly on everything I put under it (not that I'm advocating gaming on a crisp packet, but, you know, just in case you ever need to).

I've used a Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical 5-button mouse for many years and I thought it was pretty close to perfect for me. Sadly they don't actually make them any more so I decided to opt for a Razer Lachesis a couple of weeks ago as I thought it looked fairly similar, however now that I've got it it's definitely a lot wider at the front making it slightly uncomfortable to use for long gaming sessions and the buttons on each side feel more awkward to press.

I must admiit that having used the same mouse for over 10 years I did expect that would take me a while to adjust to any new mouse, but it's a shame that I didn't see this mouse a few weeks ago when I was looking as it appears even closer to the design of the MS Intellimouse I'm used to.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom