1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steel Battalion, and all related to it

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Gemini-Phoenix, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Gemini-Phoenix

Gemini-Phoenix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Has anyone else on here experienced the joy that is Steel battalion, and to a lesser extent, Line Of Contact?

Yes? Well, does anyone else think that the arcade stick that comes with it is made a little cheaply? I'm afraid to use it too much just in case I accidently break it.

The first time I used it I almost broke the left joystick by attempting to force it up. It's an easy mistake, and everyone I have let have a go since has also tried this, believing it to be a standard stick...

The ejector release is also very delicate ~ It wouldn't take much to flip that lid off completely...

QUESTION: Is the game playable with the ejector button lid left open? I often find myself dying due to not being able to flip the lid quickly enough. Is there a sensor which detects whether or not the lid is open? (Always wondered that!)

The instruction manual also states something about NOT plugging in any more than two SB controllers into a single Xbox. Obviously this is down to power, but why would anyone want to plug in more than one controller? Besides, I bet not many people would even have more than one anyway. Does plugging in two controllers give you some sort of advantage somehow, or even a 2 player co-op mode perhaps???

This sure is one great game to play on a cinema screen! (I would have to guess, as I have not actually played it on a cinema projection screen)

2. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +990
    Yep, it is a great game. I haven't played it for a while ( nowadays it just sits in a box :( ) but as far as I remember I used to leave the ejector button up, as it was too fiddly in those moments of need to fumble around with.

I've never played Line of Contact though, should try and pick up a copy.

3. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,313
    Ah, fantastic game. I have been thinkin about dragging it out of the cupboard recently too. Wonder how much they go for on eBay now? (not selling, just curious!) I'm 99% sure there won't be a sensor on the eject button, I can't see a mechanism that could detect this.

I've never actually played Line of Contact as it's Live only, and there were real network problems when I got it. Has this now been patched? It's a shame, 'cos it'd look amazing on my plasma in 720P with 5.1... Ah, I can defintely see it being resurrected soon! :thumbsup:

Oh and Tejstar, I keep seeing Line of Contact in pre-owned and bargain bins for peanuts - worth picking up!

4. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +990
    Tbh, I think we’d only get back what we paid for it nowadays. There was a time these would go for upwards of £180! :eek:

Ok cheers, I’ll have a look. :)

5. Gemini-Phoenix

Gemini-Phoenix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    About £150 is a good average price for a mint example. But many I see on eBay are worn and torn now, with many having broken handles or battered box's...

Mind you, that's only a good price if you were lucky enough to have actually got one at £130 when they were released... I have two (One of each) and had to pay £250 for each of them (Both were factory sealed in their packing box's though, so it's not really a fair comparison)

Factory sealed ones are few and far between these days, and do generally go upwards of £200, expecially if they are in their sealed brown packing case.

My local GameStation has a LOC one in it's window with a price tag of £180 straight. And it is in the worst condition I have ever seen SB in (Looks like some fat kid has sat on it!)

If you don't get back at least £130 on it, then you must be doing something wrong. Personally, I am still optimistic, and believe that they will go up in value over the next decade... Especially with more and more being in bad shape...

6. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +990
    Over the next decade I'm sure they will go up in value, however I don't see much movement over the next 2 years. Mine is still in mint condition and I've still got the brown box too! :thumbsup: