Steam Winter Sale 2015

Razorclam

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Another season, another opportunity to buy games because they are cheap even though it's likely you'll never play them.
I've been waiting for this sale to get witcher 3. But it seems it's still £5 cheaper elsewhere.
This year, considering I've spent quite a bit on AAA titles I might use the sale to grab some super cheap indie games. Any recommendations?

Mark of the Ninja - Stealth action game, should be in everyone's collection.
Darkest Dungeon - Stylish turn based RPG.
Ori and the Blind Forest - Gorgeous Metroid style platforming adventure.

Just picked up Dishonored for £2.49 :)

Mark of the Ninja is absolutely superb.

Mark of the Ninja is absolutely superb.
Just looked at both ninja and Ori. My word, Ori looks stunning. Can pick up both for <£12 [emoji106]

21p already made from browsing wishlist 3 times. Well on my way to getting a Steam controller! :laugh:

21p already made from browsing wishlist 3 times. Well on my way to getting a Steam controller! :laugh:
How do you make money from browsing a bloody wishlist? :rotfl:

Keep it up Jimmy, you'll be a millionaire be new year :D

How do you make money from browsing a bloody wishlist? :rotfl:

Keep it up Jimmy, you'll be a millionaire be new year :D

You get a trading card for going through it, up to 3 times a day during this sale. The 3 I had were on the market for 10p, so stuck em up for 9 and sold straight away.

Just looked at both ninja and Ori. My word, Ori looks stunning. Can pick up both for <£12 [emoji106]

Get Ori, it's a very enjoyable game and the graphics are gorgeous, some of the best I've seen, shows you don't need Crysis-style OMG ma gfx card is burnin to be impressive.

Only picked up Max Payne 3 so far, for an old game I'm surprised that it still holds up pretty well.

Only picked up Max Payne 3 so far, for an old game I'm surprised that it still holds up pretty well.

Old game? :D

An old game is Super Mario :laugh:

Tempted with Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones now both seasons are complete. And I'm keen on Xcom 2 when that comes out but never played Enemy Unknown, might have to get my grounding in that game for the sake of a few quid!

Tempted with Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones now both seasons are complete. And I'm keen on Xcom 2 when that comes out but never played Enemy Unknown, might have to get my grounding in that game for the sake of a few quid!
Xcom is a lot of game for <£4

Will no doubt get Talos Principle and Hacknet after christmas, there are some others on my wishlist but i have a mega backlog

Xcom is a lot of game for <£4

It certainly seems that way :)

Just looking to get familiar with it as it's a style of game I don't usually play but would like to get into a little more. Can't really grumble at that price.

The only games I'm tempted by are Project Cars and MGS V.

I got Trine 3 and Ori, now I just need to wait for Tales of Zestiria, Lightning Returns and Trails in the Sky SC to have a 75% off saleto get my JRPG fix.

I fancy trine 3 but its got such negative reviews i am worried its a waste in comparison to 1 and 2

I fancy trine 3 but its got such negative reviews i am worried its a waste in comparison to 1 and 2
Same reason I haven't got around to buying it. Bit concerned over the camera angles and the change of game to 3D puzzles

Well it's easy enough to refund if it does end up not being any good but it was only £4 so I probably won't bother.

Fancy trying a survival so Stranded Deep or Rust? didnt fancy Ark too much during the free weekend had no idea what to do :rotfl: cheaper options with the other 2.

Fancy trying a survival so Stranded Deep or Rust? didnt fancy Ark too much during the free weekend had no idea what to do :rotfl: cheaper options with the other 2.

Let me know if you get Stranded Deep, like the look of that.

Hurtworld is supposed to be very good too, still though, another early access game and only 20% off at the moment.

Let me know if you get Stranded Deep, like the look of that.

Yeah actually quite fancy that but steam reviews are that there isn't much to do (or was when i read them a month or so ago, mayb should check out some more recent ones).
Looks sweet tho, a game pure bear grylls or ray mears style escape from a deadly survival drop point sounds almost like a perfect game to me (bar Assetto Corsa that is ;))

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom