• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Steam Mover Help

majnu

Distinguished Member
I'll need to re-install Windows as I'm having problems running games like GTA4 and LA Noire so instead of trying to waste days trying to get it to work I think this is the best route.

However, since most of my Steam games are on a second hard drive using the Steam mover application, would I need to download them again from Steam?

After I re-install windows and install Steam Client again, can I just validate files and it will be able to play them from my secondary hard drive?

Also with Origin can I just copy the whole Origin folder to my second HD as BF3 takes up a lot of space.

Chuck Norris

Distinguished Member
Delete all of the files and folders except the SteamApps folder and Steam.exe

Launch Steam and log into your account.

Steam will briefly update and then you will be logged into your account. For installed games, verify your game cache files and you will be ready to pla

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom