Stealth sky+

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Dak, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Dak

Dak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi
    I am living in a conservation area and am not allowed to install a dish. Has anyone used these products? Do they work? Can I get Sky+ with them? Thanks

http://www.digicams-uk.com/prod235.htm

http://www.digicams-uk.com/prod30.htm

Oh, and if I go for something like this then I am looking at a run of about 35 feet between the satellite and the box. Is this a problem?
    Ta
    Dak

2. shawkins002

shawkins002
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I use something very similar to the first one - a cubsat 70. Looks the same thing - I got mine from www.bradleywood.co.uk.

Works perfectly with Sky+ - I fitted a quad lnb myself. I get about 75% signal strength and quality, without using a satellite meter to install it - just moved it about until I got the best signal.

A 35 ft run should be OK - as long as you don't have too many joins in the run.

3. Dak

Dak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks, how did Sky cope with your request etc?

Will they just supply a box and card and let me do the rest?

Dak

4. shawkins002

shawkins002
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I did the normal sky installation myself, and used a friend's old box. They sent through the card and everything OK - switched on within about 10 days.

With Sky+ they wouldn't let me do a self installation, and had to send someone round. But I installed the Quad LNB before he got there and ran the second cable through, so all he did when he turned up was plug in the Sky+ box. Which cost me £50. He didn't even look at the dish, so it wasn't a problem. They don't really give a monkeys, and if you've done their job for them, I'm sure they won't care if it's connected to a 60ft coat hanger - as long as the signal strength etc is OK when it's plugged in.