Stealth Iron Man - Forbidden Planet?

C

CogPaul

Seen a post on another collectibles forum in relation to Sideshow Stealth Iron Man comiquettes in stock at Forbidden Planet London for £230 ? Can any Londoner's confirm this please, and as this is not showing on their website does anyone know if they take orders over the phone?

Seen a post on another collectibles forum in relation to Sideshow Stealth Iron Man comiquettes in stock at Forbidden Planet London for £230 ? Can any Londoner's confirm this please, and as this is not showing on their website does anyone know if they take orders over the phone?

That'll be my post no doubt :)

I was at the London store 3 weeks ago now, and they had 4 or 5 of them boxed up on the shelf at the back of the store on sale for £269.99

As for taking an order over the phone I can't see why they wouldn't? Or they could at least reserve you one to pick up in store

What I would say is, if you do decide to go for one, do not part with any money at all until you have fully inspected the statue for damages!

What I would say is, if you do decide to go for one, do not part with any money at all until you have fully inspected the statue for damages!

Heed the advice, FB are always selling damaged statues as new:lesson:

Just got my e-mail from SS to say no joy on the waitlists for Stealth and Regular so looks like FP my only hope unless I want to pay over the odds on e-bay. Minor paint rubs I can live with but damages are a no go- thanks for the warning! .I'll see what they say tomorrow.

Well rung them up and got one via their mail order department - £270. Should be here in a few days- so a nervous wait now to see what the state of it is when opened. Am I going to be lucky- time will tell!

Thanks Cooey.

No worries mate :)

Did they say you could return it if it is damaged?

Thanks are more than due for me getting hold of this piece. I had given up hope of getting one at a sensible price ( though to be honest this is the most I have ever spent on a single piece - but my AH Emma Frost came close!). Serious damage and it goes back - but to be honest I will live with minor paint rubs given the prices that these command.

good luck and I hope you get a good one...... its a very nice piece and of course Emma's very nice too :devil::devil:

if you wish I can hoke out the specs for a power supply for it if like me you want to light it up without having to use batteries (theres a socket on the back for one but sideshow don't supply it)

Gam mate what are the specs I need to get one for my SS Ironman:smashin:

Gam mate what are the specs I need to get one for my SS Ironman:smashin:

just crawled round the crawlspace to double check as I got another one the same spec as the ones sideshow supplied with the vader and obi-wan PF's which I had been using in the SIM when it first arrived, this was recommended to me by someone else who had done the same thing with success...... anyway, 4.5v (same as 3aa's) 300mA but the plug was a weird size, being 5.5mm x 2.1mm, the more common ones seem to be 5.5 x 2.5 and 5 x 2.1 but I picked up an adapter barrel for a couple of quid of ebay that done the trick, total cost was less then a tenner :clap:

Ok I have no idea about what you just said I thought it might be just an off the shelf adaptor:(

Ok I have no idea about what you just said I thought it might be just an off the shelf adaptor:(

lol, not your fault, I tend to over explain at times.... 4.5v 300mA on the packet and they come with 5 or 6 output plugs. I got one local that has a switch for differnet voltages but as an example although its 400mA which should also be ok Fixed Voltage Regulated Mains Adaptors > Maplin but due to the size of plugs in the tech specs you'd also need DC Power Plug Adaptors > Maplin or it wont fit properly

So which out of the plug adaptors is the right one mate? And thanks for the help by the way:)

your welcome:smashin:, it's not listed overly clear is it? But it should be L52AY a 2.5mm socket into a 2.1mm plug, I think I still have a spare one lying around if you get a power supply somewhere else and need one

or if its a standard interchangable multi plug power supply like the one above you can also get the likes of E from Power Tip Connectors > Maplin

I don't use maplins much myself but the website comes in handy but the one I got was a Uniross unregulated 3-12v switchable supply which I also use for led's in cabinets and they only cost around £4 each although I have had a couple of them faulty from new which I exchanged but in general they seem to be reliable enough so far, but as they come in a few different current ratings and being unregulated I would stick to the 300mA rating for them

and for the first question you will ask when you get one and take a look at the instructions, as polarity can go either way, the center is +ve on sideshows stuff so far including the SIM ;)

No camera at present- looking to buy one in Xmas sales so will be a slight delay in pictures I am afraid!

congrats, you must be well chuffed with him, especially for that price :clap:

Just a thought for those like me that have one, but what will you do when one of the red lights expires?
Surely they have a finite life.

Just a thought for those like me that have one, but what will you do when one of the red lights expires?
Surely they have a finite life.

Im guessing its an LED (i dont have one so i am only guessing) if it is they normally have a life of around 50,000 hours up to 70,000 (for the high quality ones) hours, so you will never have to replace one

hope that helps :smashin:

EDIT: just found this qoute on the net

Lumec said:
If a LED fixture is illuminated an average of 8 hours per day it will last over 20 years before needing to be replaced.

Last edited:
lol, not your fault, I tend to over explain at times.... 4.5v 300mA on the packet and they come with 5 or 6 output plugs. I got one local that has a switch for differnet voltages but as an example although its 400mA which should also be ok...

:thumbsup: I followed your recommendation and have now the pleasure of ditching the batteries (I was always afraid they would leak and ruin the electrics) for my Stealth Iron Man Comiquette. Top stuff!

Im guessing its an LED (i dont have one so i am only guessing) if it is they normally have a life of around 50,000 hours up to 70,000 (for the high quality ones) hours, so you will never have to replace one

yep it is LED's and what you say sounds about right...... for example just look at how long they are on on the likes of a tv, dvd player etc

:thumbsup: I followed your recommendation and have now the pleasure of ditching the batteries (I was always afraid they would leak and ruin the electrics) for my Stealth Iron Man Comiquette. Top stuff!

:smashin: for me it was more due to it being in a cabinet and it allows me to switch them on and off without opening it up

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I'm seriously considering one of these and I'm currently negociating a deal with someone on another forum about taking theirs off their hands, it's in mint condition (Stealth btw) and fully boxed with shipper box, all of the lights work as well. What should I be looking to pay for it? I've offered him £300 delivered but I'm not sure if he will go for it. Also has anyone got any pics of theirs they could show me? Is it as a nice as the pics make out? I missed out on one of these in forbidden planet in Newcastle around new year (It was £350+ from what I recall) so if I can get this one cheap I may be tempted!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom