• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Stealth - Did I Miss Something?

BazMan

Established Member
Is it just me, or was Stealth a big disappointment? I was really looking forward to seeing it, but it turned out to be a load of unconvincing CGI with every action movie cliche in the book thrown at it.

(Not exactly spoilers, just observations):

Cocky, wise-cracking black guy is first to buy the farm
Sexual tension between male and female lead
Hi tech hardware goes haywire and turns on its' creators
High level corruption involving bent politician
Female in peril
Dramatic rescue
Human and formerly rogue computer join forces to save the day
Male and female leads declare their love for each other and live happily ever after

Hmmmm.

pmc

Established Member
BazMan said:
Is it just me, or was Stealth a big disappointment? I was really looking forward to seeing it, but it turned out to be a load of unconvincing CGI with every action movie cliche in the book thrown at it.

Loooool. What did you expect, Battleship Potemkin? I quit enjoyed it as a total popcorn 'its so bad its good' movie. I watched it as a double bill with The Fantastic Four. Took days for my brain to wake up but lots of fun.

BTW I want to point out that the thought of a Jessica Alba / Jennifer Biel double bill in no way influenced my decision to watch these movies together. :devil:

BazMan

Established Member
Yeah, maybe my expectations were too high.

pmc said:
a Jessica Alba / Jennifer Biel double

Sorry, but which was which?

KevD

Distinguished Member
Why do I always find myself posting that I enjoyed films that everyone else think are crap :suicide:

Marc

Distinguished Member
i thought it was rubbish but i still bought it on dvd (the barebones one though, i really dont care how it was made, surely that'll only make things worse). I only bought it because it has a dts soundtrack and i imagine that it'll be pretty spectacular.

personal note: if i was going to design a computer controlled fighter jet, i'd probably go with someone like hulk hogan or mr t. for the voice, not camp voiced wentworth miller..

Nebby

Established Member
Absolute garbage. Jamie Foxx must have a blinking huge mortgage to appear in pap like that! As for the other two...well, they're both pretty much z list.

KevD

Distinguished Member
Nebby said:
Absolute garbage. Jamie Foxx must have a blinking huge mortgage to appear in pap like that! As for the other two...well, they're both pretty much z list.
I do think Jessica Biel is a bit above Z List status!

Knyght_byte

Distinguished Member
it was a good film to watch with a plate of dinner and a couple bottles of wine.......its not a classic by a long shot, but it wasnt exactly harmful either.......

i can honestly say only one film in recent years has actually left me truly feeling like i want to shoot myself, and that was Terminator 3.........i still cant get over how bad that was.....not just lame, but seriously seriously seriously bad, very bad, horrible, pointless, atrocious, my mate who saw it with me went out halfway thru to throw up...and thats the truth!! (altho it might have more to do with a huge dinner, lots of alcohol and us running from Mayfair to Archway to watch it....lol).........

i've bought a couple films over the last year that i guess i wished i hadnt, but i was bored and wanted something new to watch..........oh, damn, cant remember the name now, avoid it, um, like Blackhawk Down but in the jungles......damnit.....silly woman helicoptor pilot gets shot down, gets rescued by a squad already going forward.....anyhow, avoid it! no good, got bored......altho was still more enjoyable than T3....lol

unique

stealth is last years catwoman. i don't think anyone could expect it to be good, but it surpassed my expectations of crapness

i think jamie should get a razzie for this and in halle berry style go up and collect it. everyone conveniently forgot about breaking all the rules when he got his oscar nominations for ray and collateral. that wasn't exactly a masterpeice either, although i enjoyed it

his award for "becoming Ray" was well deserved, the guy is pretty talented and able to do many things, he just needs someone to break out the best in him, but stealth just wasn't that thing. stealth is one of the few movies i can recall seeing where you really don't care a damn when any of the main characters get killed

lovemunkey187

Established Member
BazMan said:
Sorry, but which was which?

Alba = FF

Biel = Stealth

Marc said:
personal note: if i was going to design a computer controlled fighter jet, i'd probably go with someone like hulk hogan or mr t. for the voice, not camp voiced wentworth miller..

LOL, that's what you want a rogue, homicidal super-computer/weapons system calling you "Brother" or "Crazy fool":rotfl:

Marc

Distinguished Member
lovemunkey187 said:
Alba = FF

Biel = Stealth

LOL, that's what you want a rogue, homicidal super-computer/weapons system calling you "Brother" or "Crazy fool":rotfl:

i aint gettin' on no god damn ... oh crap

Razor

Distinguished Member

Seth Gecko

retired member
Razor said:
Brillant movie which can be rewatched again and again. Ive seen it 5 times so far.
I'd love to say I liked this movie, but unfortunately taste stops me from doing so. Awful, awful, awful movie.

Razor

Distinguished Member
Seth Gecko said:
But as Razor will no doubt believe it is a true story, you may as well be. ;)

Yep another Razor true story. :D

I know its not oscar winning stuff but I had fun when I watched Stealth. Its a sort of Firefox come Top Gun affair. Nice picture quality and sound.

KevD :hiya:

Your not alone matey. :smashin:

antilles

Established Member
Agreed....
I had heard it was just awful, i bought it anyway and REALLY enjoyed it!

But then again, i loved Fantastic Four, Res Evil 1 and 2 etc!

Rich

enablerbro1

Prominent Member
Fant Four had one good line...

"Don't even think about it."

"I don't." whoosh

other than that it were a bit of a steaming pile. Good for your roses mind.

Thekop

Established Member
Leaving out the usual PC aspects of the film, it's a great system tester !
I secretly enjoyed it ! :eek: :D

philbam

Established Member
KevD said:
Why do I always find myself posting that I enjoyed films that everyone else think are crap :suicide:
I too thought that this was a really enjoyable movie - great visuals and fantastic use of sound - lots of surround and deep bass -GREAT
Sometimes movies are just meant to be fun - enjoy them for that!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom