• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Std UK XBox with Denon 3806 Receiver

DodgeTheViper

I've had this problem posted in the Denon Owners Forum, but it's still unresolved. So i'm gonna try it in here and see if you guy's can help.

XBox is standard UK model and unmodded. Connected to a Denon 3806 Receiver by a HD Component cable. the 3806 is connected to my PJ via HDMI cable. The 3806 can upconvert Component to HDMI, which i've selected and all settings seem to be OK. I just dont get a picture coming through. The PJ seems to lock onto a signal, but no actual picture comes through.

I've tried connecting the XBox directly to the PJ via the Component feed and everything is fine.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on............or not going on in my case :D

lei179

I think in order to use a component output on the xbox you will need to set the HD option on in the ms dashboard,which you cannot do unless its modded to ntsc.

lei

John

lei179 said:
I think in order to use a component output on the xbox you will need to set the HD option on in the ms dashboard,which you cannot do unless its modded to ntsc.

lei

Nope it will work , just not at the higher resolutions . I used the hi def pack for ages before I got round to modding my box .
Maybe thats the issue , will the amp recognise a 480p (iirc) signal to upconvert ?

Good luck

John

PS, you really should consider a mod (hard or soft) to access the high def images . Its more than worth it. And once you have done it , you'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner , especially as your using a PJ

John

Had a quick look at the specs of the 3806 and don't think my other answer applies . Do you have to turn the upconversion on ? You do on my lowly 757
I guess if you have checked on the Denon pages you will have already checked all the basic connection and assignments of I/O

John

DodgeTheViper

HDMI upconversion is switched on, yes.

Whats the easiest way to mod my XBox ? Or should i just buy an aready modded XBox ?

John

mozzer said:
HDMI upconversion is switched on, yes.

Whats the easiest way to mod my XBox ? Or should i just buy an aready modded XBox ?

Hi Mozzer , there should be a thread knocking around here for the" AVforums soft mod kit" . that would be the easiest way . No guarantee it will solve the problem . The blurb for the 3806 says it will upconvert from 480p - HDMI . But will improve your pic quality no end .

Have you tried a different set of component inputs on the amp ? Do you have the official MS high def pack or a 3rd party one ?

John

DodgeTheViper

I havn't bought one off here. Or anywhere for that matter.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom