STB That offers remote eye?

windfall

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Ok It may sound really obvious - what I am after is an STB that can do what the Sky+ does with remote eyes. So I can control the STB from another room.
Is there such a thing?

Thanks

Tone

Yes, the original Grundig Ondigital models worked with a "magic eye". The lead wasn't very long. it was intended so you could control the unit when it was inside a cupboard. You might strike lucky and find a receiver and "eye" on eBay. The socket looked like a modem connection port.

Frankly, it would probably be better just to use one of the wired or wireless "remote extenders".

Have a look at a tvlink plus - works for sky plus 1 other device ( or 2 non sky devices)

there are others as Sam mentioned, or go wireless.

One of these new freeview boxes designed to plug into the rear scart socket would have a magic eye unit.

You would then just have to extend it's cable length as desired.

Pablo

Actually just got a tvlink plus myself and well pleased - by connecting it to rf2 out on the sky box, the two ir senders allow 2 additional devices to be controlled, in addition to the sky box, so 3 in total, not the two that seems to be advertised.

If the cabling is already in place for tv link, it is well worth the ÂŁ10 - ÂŁ20 cost IMHO

allow 2 additional devices to be controlled, in addition to the sky box, so 3 in total, not the two that seems to be advertised.

I didn't see any limit mentioned. You can control as many pieces of equipment as you can fit in front of the two "eyes". Just point them generally towards the front panels.

With this product you can now view and remotely control any two normally controlled infra red devices such as a terrestrial freeview unit, video recorder, digital satellite receiver

This is from the global site http://www.tvlink.co.uk/tvlinkplus.htm

But that said I guess it makes sense that it will relay whatever ir signal you send, not just a specific number.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom