STB That offers remote eye?

windfall

Ok It may sound really obvious - what I am after is an STB that can do what the Sky+ does with remote eyes. So I can control the STB from another room.
Is there such a thing?

Thanks

Tone

SamRadford

Novice Member
Yes, the original Grundig Ondigital models worked with a "magic eye". The lead wasn't very long. it was intended so you could control the unit when it was inside a cupboard. You might strike lucky and find a receiver and "eye" on eBay. The socket looked like a modem connection port.

Frankly, it would probably be better just to use one of the wired or wireless "remote extenders".

father alice

Novice Member
Have a look at a tvlink plus - works for sky plus 1 other device ( or 2 non sky devices)

there are others as Sam mentioned, or go wireless.

pablo99

Novice Member
One of these new freeview boxes designed to plug into the rear scart socket would have a magic eye unit.

You would then just have to extend it's cable length as desired.

Pablo

father alice

Novice Member
Actually just got a tvlink plus myself and well pleased - by connecting it to rf2 out on the sky box, the two ir senders allow 2 additional devices to be controlled, in addition to the sky box, so 3 in total, not the two that seems to be advertised.

If the cabling is already in place for tv link, it is well worth the £10 - £20 cost IMHO

SamRadford

Novice Member
allow 2 additional devices to be controlled, in addition to the sky box, so 3 in total, not the two that seems to be advertised.
I didn't see any limit mentioned. You can control as many pieces of equipment as you can fit in front of the two "eyes". Just point them generally towards the front panels.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom