Stax Headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by ronthecod, Mar 7, 2006.

1. ronthecod

ronthecod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I Have A Denon Avc-aise And Would Like To Connect A Stax Srm-t1 To It. What Do You Think

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,671
    If thats the Stax SRM-01,then it will work fine,and should sound pretty good....I have set of these that i use with my iPod,and they do make the best of the sound quality from it,as well as working with considerably more capable and expensive gear.

If you do a search on the forum you may find a few helpful threads,and this was when I was looking for a pair...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273837&highlight=stax+srm-01

You could also try a search on www.head-fi.org (US based,but very large headphone forum)

I like the SRM-01 a lot,but you will find the treble a bit rolled off,and it does have an appetite for batteries,so either 2000mA rechargeables or a mains adapter would be advisable.

You could also drop a line to extremelydodgy who posts here a fair bit,as his advice may be very useful