1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Statmat or Ringmat

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by iaria, Dec 29, 2003.

1. iaria

iaria
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, hope you all had a good christmas, I did, especially because I have a new dvd player pio. 565a. Very good and also pio. d812 amp. amazing.
    well enough of that.
    Has anyone heard of STATMAT or RINGMAT???
    I read a review on what hifi and this is what they say

STATMAT

You will notice a boost in detail levels and bass weight. It also works with DVD discs, where images are sharper and the sound is tighter and contains more information. We even tried it on a computer CD-ROM drive - and that sounded better, too. In short, this (is) one very effective piece of floppy blue plastic."

What Hi*Fi? Sound and Vision, January 2004
    All i want to know is if any of you has any knoledge of this and does it work??
    Thank you
    Gerry

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    In short...yes,I've heard of them,and tried them and one or 2 similar things like the CD Blacklight.....there are occasional problems with some of these and certain CD/DVD drives which may chew up the 'mat.
    That aside,the improvement,to my ears anyway,was fairly equivocal,and certainly nothing in comparison to upgrading the DAC,and a few other parts of the system,but then all of these mats are reasonably cheap in comparison.
    If it means anything,the Blacklight(which I did keep)is gathering dust on my CD rack currently.

3. mudan

mudan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    There's also something call the Sound Improvement Disc (S.I.D.) which is a green plastic disc and does improve the sound on my CD player (modified Marantz CD6000OSE), however I haven't tried it with my DVD player.

Check out www.audiophilecandy.com

Dav

4. iaria

iaria
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you i will have a look at it
    Gerry