1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Static pop when switching bitstreams

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by cpd, Aug 24, 2005.

1. cpd

cpd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In the release notes for the upgrades, there is an item:

For V3.26 to 3.27
    1. No audio when switching from a digital source to a analogue source in direct mode.

Is this something to defeat the static pops from switching bit streams. If so, I'd really like to see it in modes other than direct. Every time I switch from a regular stereo source to DD 5.1, there is a loud static cracking sound that is both irritating and makes me fear for my speakers when the volume is up. It would be great if you could introduce a muting setting that defeats that sound in a future update. I know Anthem has this feature with three settings to adjust the amount of muting needed to defeat the pops.

Chris

2. blitzschnell

blitzschnell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That would be very very nice ... and I know that it is not so difficult to do it in firmware.
    Maybe someday some guys will reverse engineer the main cpu code and try to figure out where to insert that muting function and other OBVIOUS little things AVR is currently lacking.

Blitz

3. radio

radio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Maybe you should try it. Maybe i should too.. off to pm.. mr firmware...

:D