Static noise on Sony KV28LS60

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by thepange, Aug 14, 2002.

1. thepange

thepange
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK I've had my new set for 1 week and am very happy with it apart from one wee niggle......

Is it normal for a TV to make any static noise when changing to a dark screen??

I've noticed this noise (not unlike the static noise when first switched on) a few times this week, for example when a programme cuts to the adverts and the screen goes black for a second, also occasionally when changing channels and the picture format changes.

As I say apart from this, the TV is great and I'm pleased to get a set with now picture defects as the previous 4 I had.

Any advice would be appreciated...

;)

2. Zacabeb

Zacabeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Apparently it is normal and most TV's I have witnessed make the noise... including my own (even my old RPTV).

You can find information on what causes it in the excellent Repair FAQ:
    http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_tvfaqb.html#TVFAQB_012

The anti-cracke coating does not seem to exist from what I can tell. On both my recent TV's, the first with the LG.Philips Cybertube and the second with the MDDG Quintrix F, there have not been any such coating visible... and both of them make all sorts of noises :(

3. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I get the same noise on my LS60. It's the same noise that you get when you turn the TV off (not just when you turn it on ;)). As Zacabeb says, it's entirely normal and I haven't seen (or heard!) a TV that doesn't make some sort of noise either.

Interestingly, I have a Sony Trinitron monitor at work and it makes exactly the same noises when I turn the power on/off as my LS60 does (and I mean exactly!). :)

4. thepange

thepange
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Phew!! Thats a relief, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this.

I really love my LS60 so this sound is just a very minor niggle, worth it though for top notch sound & picture.

Anyway cheers for the info.

;)