Question Static noise coming from sub on sound bar...... please help....

houghton19

Standard Member
Reaction score
Sooooo I’ll start with a sorry if this is in the wrong section and I am very basic when it comes to tv equipment.

So I have a JBL Bar 5.1. This is a sound bar with detachable rear Bluetooth speakers and A bass sub. I have just had a replacement full set as I thought my system was faulty however I am having the same noise with new system so it seems it’s something to do with my equipment.

however I am having this issue from multiple sources and have tried quite a few things

my full setup I use is
Hisense 65” Tv. Don’t know the model off hand.
Nvidea Shield 2017
5.1 JBL sound bar
PS4 Pro.

My setup is set so that my PS4 and shield are connected to the 4K HDMIs on my tv. My sound bar is connected to my ARC connector on the tv to send the audio over to the sound bar.

I thought at 1st it was an issue with the sound bar. Replaced and still happening. I mostly use my Shield when I’m at home so I changed the HDMI lead between shield and tv. This didn’t help so I changed the HDMI between my tv and sound bar. (I’ll admit I haven’t gone and bought new ones just alternatives from around the house). This hasn’t worked so I tried running over an optical cable, this isn’t a good option as I loose the ability to control the volume with the tv remote and I still got the noises.

I am also getting the sounds from using the inbuilt YouTube and Netflix. I have just found some settings in the tv sound options I have just changed to test.

I am also trying to run my shield through the sound bar as of today to see if that helps.

sorry if this isn’t formatted out well, I’m no good with grammar etc.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer as this is driving me crazy.

So this is still happening, only other thought is that my ARC is faulty...... but even then in theory it shouldn’t make noise over the optical. Arghhhhh

Do you get noise from the sound bar if nothing is connected to it? If so, duff/marginal/poor quality sound bar. Connect any device to the HDMI port. Noise? Duff soundbar. Noise only when TV connected — duff TV or soundbar. If you’re getting noise when using optical, then unless the Hisense TV has some weird fault, then the soundbar is suspect. The only way to be sure to to try a different make of TV or soundbar. Swapping the soundbar is easier ...

Clem

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom