Quantcast

State of Decay 2 (X1)

oasismark

Distinguished Member
Loved the first, what are the confirmed details of this, ive only seen the trailer?

Just played through the first one.... it is the best game I've ever played overall.

Not for the campaign part... But the DLC Breakdown is absolutely class if anyone hasn't played it, you need to get it.

Pure survival at its best, and the hero's you unlock are classic characters.

To give a brief summary you are plonked on the map and need to survive starting on Level 1 all the way upto 99. It gets harder and harder every level.. currently around level 55 and it is insane.. played about 100 hours in the past week... addicted!

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
Will keep an eye on more info for this. Like the gist and sounds like it could be a good coop and SP game, but never got around to playing the first so not sure if it'd grab me or not. Like most games I have it on Steam but never booted it up.

rowedav

Distinguished Member
Got the first when it re-released on Xbox One. Pretty good but very flakey technically and has dodgy controls, which put me off.

I'll be waiting to see if they've sorted all that out with the investment from MS before i throw any money at this, but has the potential to be great - especially with co-op as well

oasismark

Distinguished Member
I played this on 360 at first release, it was so very janky, but wow what a game.

It introduce some long not used game mechanics that really made it good, Perma death, timed base building so that things happened while you wernt playing.

So many stressful times escaping zombies with a leveled up charachter, Permadeath really adds suspense.

It was crying out for some co-op, and now we have it, going to be a top game this!

Cloysterpeteuk

I could see them having to tweak just how punishing this is, the new mechanic where your base suffers attacks by hordes of Zombies if you make too much noise could easily see you lose a couple of survivors every time you build something.

rowedav

Distinguished Member
What I like about how they're approaching the multiplayer is if you choose to join someone else's game to help them out, your character is still at risk. Perma-death carries over into multiplayer, basically.

If you die in their game, you lose that character and their traits from your own game too.

Suppose it's the proper way to do it, any other way would lose its edge and tension.

My favourite game of the last generation, cannot wait for this I have got high hopes and expect the co op will be amazing. I will be pre ordering any limited editions ect if it is available regardless of price!!

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
Now @Rorifett is a bit of a regular Mixer streamer it would be a quite a laugh in co-op to abandon him during a horde attack and let his followers witness his untimely and brutal end..... do we then get to loot his corpse too?? ;)

dacdesigns

I keep looking to see if the re-master of the first goes on sale as i would like to play that before this, but nothing yet :(

This looks good, and with 4 player Co-oP it could be a good laugh without the stresses of lag fags.
It was on sale last week? £6 odd!

I've been playing it, great game almost ruined by frame drops :(

Obvously this new one I hope shouldn't have such issues with X coming out :censored:

Also I think this is coming out 2018 now, well on there site it says coming 2018! Which is a shame!

mklion123

Distinguished Member
I keep looking to see if the re-master of the first goes on sale as i would like to play that before this, but nothing yet :(

This looks good, and with 4 player Co-oP it could be a good laugh without the stresses of lag fags.
That's harsh, I thought @woody10381 had new internets?

BigD18t

Distinguished Member
It was on sale last week? £6 odd!

I've been playing it, great game almost ruined by frame drops :(

Obvously this new one I hope shouldn't have such issues with X coming out :censored:

Also I think this is coming out 2018 now, well on there site it says coming 2018! Which is a shame!
I must have missed that as I've been looking most weeks :(