1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stasia 30WL46

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Tobez, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Tobez

Tobez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok ive read alot of the posts on here regarding this set, and just wondered if anyone can help.

Im getting the option of a free 1 from 1 of my suppliers for a large order, the thing thats putting me off is the lack of componant video in, although i read if u use the DVI u can get this ??

I dont know much about connections but if said TV hasnt got componant in for either my xbox or DVD player, can i use the DVI in with some sort of cable ? or am i to succomnb to SVHS now ?

Yeah i know its free so i,ll just take it, but hes given me the option to pick another model, do i loose the 2 or 4 inches and get a lower end model, ive only got 800 to spend so im limited.

anybody help :)

2. mickbarlow

mickbarlow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    getting one free!!!, i'd get it and sell it on ebay then get sommit useful...

3. SteveW70

SteveW70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tobez,

I was lucky enough to have this exact set on test at home for a weekend while trying to decide which LCD to buy.

Your right it hasn't got component inputs but has got 3 x scart inputs 2 of which are RGB enabled so you could play DVD and Xbox through these connections?

If you want progressive scan though thats only available through DVI so Toshiba Technical told me (took them 3 days to come back to me mind you!!) so unless you have a DVD player with DVI output (such as the Denons I think) then you're out of luck :rolleyes:

But as MickBarlow said if you're getting it for free, sell it and look for something else :thumbsup:

Steve.

4. Tobez

Tobez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Steve Picture quality ok though ?, I can succomnb to SVHS, and to be honest its for the bedroom, ive got a plasma for my 757 dvd player etc. so not a big loss, But the buy and sell is an option just makes ya think, if i shiuld choose a lower model before i take the plunge

5. mickbarlow

mickbarlow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    i'd say if ya get it sold before the new lcd's come out, you'll get 'top dollar' for it as most news lcd's rrp's are much lower than previous

6. SteveW70

SteveW70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah picture quality was OK but not as good as my V7 LTV32D which I ended up buying.

Little bit of motion blur on vast moving small objects. I ended up calling Toshiba Technical for the response time as its not listed on their website (wasn't then anyway). They told me 25ms ?

It did take quite a while to set up aswell because it has a lot of features such as DNR, Black Stretch, Luminance Peaking etc. but I suppose thats not a bad thing. Good sound I thought.

Why cant you use Scart for the DVD player or Xbox ?

Steve.

7. Tobez

Tobez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, i ran the NTSC switcher for my xbox which basically enables NTSC and the HD or progessive features of the xbox, Thus if a game can run in 780 or 1060, it detects this and ups the res, Dont think this works if your xbox is PAL.

But also once uve used componant on an xbox or a ps2 then switch back to scart i didnt think id notice but i do it looks blurry, Basically ive spoilt myself

SVHS seems to be a good near match but RGB didnt seem to cut it, :/

8. SteveW70

SteveW70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Would of thought that RGB Scart using a decent lead would be a lot better than S-VHS ?

Steve.

9. Tobez

Tobez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you maybe right, I had to hunt down the HD lead for the Xbox , got it from Canada. But if you have 1 and its Cough chipped.

try it amzing change

Anyways just changed my order to a vision 7 same as yours if its kak im sending boys round :)

10. SteveW70

SteveW70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    LOL :smashin:

Do you mean Video7 ?
    R U Getting the V7 for free?

Steve.

11. SteveW70

SteveW70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What connection does the HD Lead for the Xbox have ?

12. Tobez

Tobez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry Steve yes the LTV32D. yeah Free. well i gotta pay 175 but freeish.

The lead has componant and the optical bit,
    http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore...de=XB0696&title=gamester_high_definition_pack

Gameplay do them now,

Once on NTSC you have new menus on the xbox for progressive scan and HDTV just enable that and as long as youve got the componant in it works.

Not many games work at higher res but Burnout 3 is 1 and a few others. But i played Gran turismo 4 on the plasi with normal then switched to Componat and its amazin the diff.

13. SteveW70

SteveW70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    £175ish for the LTV32D, very nice :smashin:

You should be able to play your Xbox @ 720p through the component connections (which will look amazing) and I take it your optical goes to a sound system of some sort?

Let us know how you get on once received and set up :thumbsup:

14. Tobez

Tobez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah for the plasma i run all this through my vsx 2011 pioneer and it sounds cool.

The new TFT will be in the bedroom for my ps2 and her corri :)

Bit of overkill but itll prob look too big in front room but i,ll see, the 42 inch plasi did so its in my Cinema room in the celler,

U know what women are like they want it to look good.

15. SteveW70

SteveW70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How true you are !!! LOL.