1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

StarTrek Nemesis HDTV & TSTOATSC.. Help!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by David167, Jul 6, 2004.

1. David167

David167
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the .ts files for StarTrek Nemesis and i'm trying to use it with TSTOATSC. Anyone who's used the program knows you have to specify the video and audio PID's in hex. I use TSReader lite to get the PID's, but for the above film it states the PID's as 001c &001d (as opposed to 4 numbers with all other films). Now when I enter those values in TSTOATSC it comes up saying the PID need to be in hex. I assume the problem are the letters c & d, but this is what TSReader lite is telling me are the PID's. I wonder if anyone has the same problem or does anyone have any idea how to get this to work?

I'm trying to archive this film to DVHS, but if I leave it as is, the player comes up with an error code saying Recording Prohibited. This also happened with Charlie's Angels 2, but I ran it thru TSTOATSC and I was then able to record fine (the PID's for that film and others were 4 or 2 numbers, not letters.)

Any help appreciated.

2. pdundas

pdundas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Download a copy of DMMPGDec - the latest versions will identifiy PID's (select stream and "Find PID's") after opening the .ts file.

It'll give them in hex and just enter them into tstoastc and you're away.

3. pdundas

pdundas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, that should have been DGMPGDec - you can find a link to it on www.doom9.org

4. David167

David167
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I'll try that tonite, although DSReader Lite identifies PID's as well, but for this particular film, it seems to report it incorrectly (the inclusion of a letter)....

5. pdundas

pdundas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you didn't find them the PID's for this ts are 0x1c and 0x1d

6. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +711
    FYI, this is 29 & 30 in decimal (or, if you want 4 digits) :
    0029 and 0030).

You can use Calc.exe (the free calculator with MSWindows) to convert from hex to decimal.

Chris Muriel, Manchester, UK

7. pdundas

pdundas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, but for tstoatsc you need them in hexadecimal. The MScalc converter is a useful reminder - thanks.

The 0x1c and 0x1d work for tstoatsc for this transport stream - I just checked it,