Startrek 2 cut on sci-fi channel!!!!!!!!

GalacticaActual

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caught the last half hour of startrek 2 on the sci-fi channel last night. In the gennisis count down sequence the last words spoken by khan " to the last I will graple with thee, for hates sake, I spit my last breath at thee!" was cut from the film. there was even a noticable jump in the musical score. This is absolutly bloomin scandalous and I would like to knoiw if the sci-fi channel has done this before, what movie it was with and why it was done in the first place. To butcher a film of this caliber is nothing short of sacralidge!!!!!!

KHANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scifi Channel often cut stuff and it is annoying, especially when another channel like Sky One showed it uncut. It's mystifying how some choices are made when, for example, they cut breastage in Outer Limits shown at 9pm but let it in in The First Wave shown at 5pm. I wonder if First Wave will get a dvd release...

What I would like to know is what possible reason could there be for this ludicrous cut. If it had been on early evening I could understand because he does look rather burnt up when he speaks but it was on quite late. Also if that is the reason for the cut then the bit where he sets up the devices to count down should have gone as well!!!! but it was still there!!!

If memory serves, the quotation does not contain any bad language, hidden messages, does'nt badmouth religion, race or creed and is'nt guaranteed to corrupt the minds of the young,weak or innocent - weirdness abounds! :confused:

Hi,

It sounds like Sci-Fi showed their edited version of this film.

Basically, a few months ago, Sci-Fi showed the full and uncut version of "ST2: The Wrath Of Khan", on a Saturday afternoon. It was a genuine mistake, as an edited version had been prepared. However, the ITC (now Ofcom) caught them out, by random viewing of the channel, and slapped them with a "naughty, naughty" warning!

Since then, Sci-Fi have had to be really careful about which version they transmit, and it has frequently occured that the censored version is shown, even in late-night slots, because no one has bothered to double-check.

It doesn't help, that they often show the film in a late-slot, say after 8pm, (when it can go out uncut) and then the next day, show it at lunchtime (when it should be the edited version being shown).

Try e-mailing them, via their website. I don't have the website address, but it should be easy to locate. Be polite, and they'll often write (or even phone) you back within a week! Their customer service bloke is a pretty good guy. (And the Customer Service department is run by just the one man!)

Pooch

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom