Starting to get fed up with Telewest and tvdrive faults

stammie

Novice Member
Basically as the title says,
I'm getting fed up after 5 months of having tvdrive of Telewests inability to fix the faults I've experienced,
namely Sky movies 9 and 10 always hanging on the welcome screen, red button BBC interactive services almost never working and stuttering pictures on some channels.
What makes it worse is their CS representatives lying to me saying that they have no knowledge of those being issues and me having to threaten to have my services disconnected and going to Sky, then suddenly they consult their notes again and acknowledge they have these faults on the system but cannot give a timescale when they will be fixed.

I'm a realist and know that probably Sky's CS wont be anymore honest with me but at least with them I'll be able to watch the channels I'm paying for and get a proper HD service rather than two trials and extremely limited HD vod content.

Good to see post merger Telewest have gone to the NTL model of crap customer services, but I'll console myself with the knowledge they wont be getting my £100 a month much longer

def

Novice Member
I'm going to PM you the name and number of a guy in customer relations who helped me. He hasn't got the problems fixed yet but at least he does something. I won't post his details publicly for the obvious reason.

KableMan

Stammie - I know how you feel BUT I now get my TV Drive subscription refunded each month until the problems are sorted and I have been given a free broadband upgrade too. I have found CS to be very helpful and willing to refund charges - I do get the usual "shock horror you are the first to report that" crap but I soon get routed through to tech support and they admit the faults.

I have given detailed steps to engineers and tech support on how to reproduce the bugs but its a software fault and until they get a software fix i.e. a PVR that works it will not get any better.

BUT its the cheapest source of excellent PQ and HD.

Cheers
KableMan

stammie

Novice Member
KableMan said:
Stammie - I know how you feel BUT I now get my TV Drive subscription refunded each month until the problems are sorted and I have been given a free broadband upgrade too. I have found CS to be very helpful and willing to refund charges - I do get the usual "shock horror you are the first to report that" crap but I soon get routed through to tech support and they admit the faults.

I have given detailed steps to engineers and tech support on how to reproduce the bugs but its a software fault and until they get a software fix i.e. a PVR that works it will not get any better.

BUT its the cheapest source of excellent PQ and HD.

Cheers
KableMan
I agree with you, the good points of tvdrive are great, but.........
I dislike intensely being lied to, I'm a service engineer and would never dare come out with the lies to my customers I've been told by Telewests CS.
I did eventually get them to take £5:50 off my bill for 12 months as in their words "a gesture of goodwill".
They flatly refused to refund the whole tvdrive subscription until the problems are sorted,
but to be honest its not really about getting money off my bill, I'd gladly pay the full amount to get the service I'm paying for,
until recently I'd been impressed by how Telewests customer services had improved, now as I said in my original post from my experiences it seems we're getting the worst of NTL.
I really can't see how the Virgin group will give them permission to change the name to Virgin by new year with this sort of service to their customers.
And I also feel very sorry for the good Telewest employees I've dealt with who've worked hard to build customer relations and are now seeing their work being thrown away.

Top Bottom