Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Starting SonicStage a bit faster

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by granbajo, Jul 25, 2005.

1. granbajo

granbajo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought I pass this along since I have read a few complaints about how slow is SonicStage when it opens. It used to annoy me to no end that it always opened on the Connect Music Store, specially when I can't buy anything from Ireland anyway!

After a lot of searching on the options menu to see whether I could start the application and go directly to my library, which I couldn't find, I discovered that if I ran Omhjbox.exe from the command line, it opened directly on my library.

So I went to the shortcut in the start menu and removed any parameters. It now looks like this (I can't even remember what the parameters are anyway)...

"C:\Program Files\Sony\SonicStage\Omgjbox.exe"

It loads a bit faster and doesn't annoy me when it connects to the shop anymore!

2. Pyrobob83

Pyrobob83

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great info there, though when I installed SS 3.1, that's the shortcut it gave me anyway - without any parameters. :thumbsup:

3. Mike_manchester

Mike_manchester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I *think* i am right in guessing that SS opens with the last view that you had enabled - so if you were in connect store, it will launch with that.

My version of SS has always gone straight to the library, but has launched into the transfer screen when i exited it there last.