Starting P90 Via AVR300

H

Hoggers

Hello..

I currently have a P90 bi-amped to the 300 and while it is not to much of a hassle to switch both on separetely it would be nice to be able to do both at the same time,

I have read a few posts on the forum where by people are able to switch on their P90 via a 12v trigger.. and this is something that I would like to set up as well...

:confused:

So what exactly do I need (obviously a trigger) but where can I get one of these from and is there a particular brand that I need to look out for? How does it connect up (assuming here that it is via the trigger out/in)... and roughly how much does the switch cost?

Thanks in advance for any info :)

Alastair

Hi Alistair,

You have almost the things you need already :) The AVR300 has an inbuilt 12V TRIGGER out on the back, and the P90 has it's REMOTE IN which is also the trigger input. All you now need is a 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack lead (either stereo or mono) and connect the 2 together. Just pop into a Maplins or other electrical shop and pick up a lead for a about £2 or £3. Once connected, everytime you turn on the AVR300, the P90 will start up also, the same when the AVR300 turns off.

Cheers

Andy

I've got mine connected exactly the way that LFCRules suggests - works perfectly.

John

Is it possible to do this with the 700/1000 combo?

Sorry, just looked in the manuals . :D

Cheers guys... off the shops tomorrow :smashin:

Everything is coming togeather slowly but surely... am hoping to get the prontoNG next week from the US so I am sure the fun and games will truly begin ;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom