Starting out with a new system

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by hpzim, Mar 12, 2013.

1. hpzim

hpzim
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am busy looking into getting a home theater system and have been reading up a lot and had a few demo's at some companies too.

My plan is to buy an amp and floor standing speakers and sub to start out with at first and then expand from there.

My current plan is as below

Yamaha RX-V673 amp, audio source will be a Yamaha Bluray player and also cable satellite reciever via HDMI

Mission MX3 floor standing front speakers

Yamaha YST 012 8" sub

This is my initial setup. From having a demo, I also liked the sound Monitor Audio BX2's and wondering how these will sound to add later as rears?

The idea is to buy a good amp the in the beginning and then build up and develop on the speakers. This system will mainly be for movies and music.

Please feel free to comment/suggest.

Thanks

2. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,438
    The sub seems a bit week considering the system. Are you in the UK? If so look at the BK electronics range, very good value for money and they make some excellent subs. If budget is tight then get the AVR and front speakers and save up for the sub a bit later. It really is worth getting a good sub now since it will then last quite a few receiver/speaker upgrades and will save you money in the long run.
    Really you want the same make/model of speakers (except sub) all the way around and it is especially important to match the fronts. Hence if you go for the Mission fronts then get the Mission standmounts of that range for the rears and the mission centre. If you like the BX range then get the BX floorstanders as fronts.