1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting out n need some help!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by theneased, Aug 2, 2005.

1. theneased

theneased

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I know a bit about projectors, and am aware of the problems of technical specifications which are a bit "hopeful", if you know what i mean! And because of pricing and my minimal student-ish budget, I'm gonna need to buy online and so I can't actualy test a projector! So to the point, I want to get a DLP projector for around 600. I'm gonna use it mainly for PC and XBOX gaming and DVD watching, but mostly gaming (BF2). I've read a bit about the BenQ PE5120 on here and people seem to like it for the money. But is there anything better in the 600-700 range of noticeable difference?

Thanks to anyone that replies to this!!!

2. jamie69100

jamie69100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi mate in regards to the benq5120 ive just purchesd 1 paid £480 for it had it up and running for 2 weeks now useing it for dvd x box and pc and for the money its great .ive seen projectors costing 3 times as much that arnt as good

3. braindancer

braindancer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have also had a BENQ 5120 for about 2 weeks and so far so good.Definitely worth 500 quid :D

Unfortunately due to the slow speed colour wheel inside some people suffer from rainbows/headaches, so you may want to see demo of one before plonking down your hard cash. I think the majority of ppl don`t see them or dont mind them, but there are a few who really cant watch them for too long.

Just one of those things.

:)

4. theneased

theneased

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cool, thanks guys! guess I'll just have to find someone who stocks it then! thanks again!