1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starter Question - Barco 800 reliability modifications

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bbmhs, Feb 3, 2005.

1. bbmhs

bbmhs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Greetings from the frozen north,

Appologies if this question has been answered in other threads, but my searchees really haven't come up with anything yet. I have a very low-hour Barco Data 800 that I got for a song. It has <1000 hours and the tubes are in decent shape (The blue has some wear, but its livable). I am currently using the projector, and it is fantastic.

I have heard horror stories about catastrophic power supply (among other) failures due to component aging and bad solder joints; but no DIY information on how to inspect, and correct, these potential problems.

Is there a list of things that I should do to my new-found projector? I've seen references to resoldering all the joints on major boards, but I need a little more direction that that. And while I've got these boards out for work, is there anything else I should do?

Thanks in advance,
    Andrew

2. arbey

arbey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's always good to resolder the power suply, especially the two big transformers.
    For the rest, if it aint broke, don't fix it!
    Here is a site with a lot of information concerning barco 800:
    http://www.lynxxx.nl/barco/

good luck!

3. bbmhs

bbmhs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks arbey,

That will likely be my next project... If I can stop watching movies on it long enough to power it down.