Start up projector advice needed...

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jasonb, Sep 25, 2002.

1. jasonb

jasonb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just brought this projector from one of the guys on the forum and as a first step into having a projector it's not too bad but I'm sure that I could get a little more out of it with a bit of help from you guys!!!!!
    I'm currently running it through a marantz SR5200 from a Marantz 3100 DVD using Profigold S-Video, (as the PJ only has composite and S-video inputs). I'm projecting on a screen I made myself from MDF / pine boaders and painted with Dulux Ice Storm 5.When making adjusts with contrast ect... theres not much diference, but the biggest problem that I've got is the fact that I can't adjust the size of the picture without moving the pPJ closer or further away..Any Ideas guys....

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    What! No zoom lens? You're obviously doing the only thing you can. With that problem, I'd bolt the whole setup in place if you can, or at least mount the PJ and place the screen against a wall. That way you'll minimize setup time when you want to watch...

3. jasonb

jasonb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've done that and it has definately helped a lot to set things up. I had to make a new shelving unit from scratch but it does look a lot better in there!!!!!!

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    DIY skills are a must for home cinema enthusiasts! As to playing with the other controls, I tinkered around a lot when my PJ was new, but one day I hit the 'default' button, and it looks great! Mine's HCPC driven though, and I'd already performed colour correction for the LCD monitor.