Start of the Journey

Alan Weir 1

So things finally starting to move forward, still waiting on the remote control and the TT isolation platform and cover but bought a cheap covering from IKEA so that I can get things set up and playing

So spent the day setting up the room correction on the Lyngdorf and building the new TT.

Can I say, fitting and setting up a new, rather expensive cartridge is asphincter tightening experience to say the least!!😀😀

Still a fair bit of tweaking to do in the next few weeks as things settle in but so far delighted with the results.
Everything seems so clean clear and precise.

The TT and speakers are also a visual treat that I could happily sit and look at without anything playing.

First play had to be one of my favourite albums so stuck on Misplaced Childhood- Marillion to christen the TT, then the weans asked to hear something of theirs so now it's Death of a Bachelor- Panic at the Disco.

A couple of pics of the nearly complete set up

20211017_230456.jpg
20211017_230511.jpg
20211017_230229.jpg

Call me Candy

How have you found the room perfect on the Lyngdorf.
Was it easy to set up?
Have thought about room correction myself, but overall really happy with the sound I have.

Alan Weir 1

Room correction was a piece of cake!
Plug in the mic and follow the instructions.
You can also set up up to eight listening positions which is ideal for a large family. Also along side room correction there is a full list of various "voicings" that can be used to taste.
The only slight issue was the volume they ask you to use. It's really rather loud with long sustained organ/electronic chords of differing pitches blasting out so if there is anyone with sensory issues or pets make sure they aren't around during set up.

Will probably have to set it up again in a month or do once all the equipment beds itself in. Most of the manufacturers recommend between 50-100 hours of playing time.

But so far so good, and hopefully the sound should improve even more over the next few weeks.

Steve356

Distinguished Member
Room correction was a piece of cake!
Plug in the mic and follow the instructions.
You can also set up up to eight listening positions which is ideal for a large family. Also along side room correction there is a full list of various "voicings" that can be used to taste.
The only slight issue was the volume they ask you to use. It's really rather loud with long sustained organ/electronic chords of differing pitches blasting out so if there is anyone with sensory issues or pets make sure they aren't around during set up.

Will probably have to set it up again in a month or do once all the equipment beds itself in. Most of the manufacturers recommend between 50-100 hours of playing time.

But so far so good, and hopefully the sound should improve even more over the next few weeks.

Alan - You don't necessarily have to set the volume so loud during a RP calibration. Just get the level up to a decent, but bearable level and RP should still work out well. Might just take a little longer for it to decide what filters to use, but it should only add a few minutes at most to the calibration time.

Last edited:

Martin6

Standard Member
It was certainly the case that my PMC's took some time to bed in, especially at the bottom end. Other than speakers though everything else is "burnt in" within 30 seconds. Solid state electronics might take 5 minutes to come to operating temperature, but the variation in sound is minimal and probably imperceptible.

Regards
Martin

Call me Candy

Does seriously look impressive.
I really like the way it's back lit as well.
Very, very cool.

Alan Weir 1

Not being an expert in these matters just going with all the bumf that you get along with the equipment.

Cartridge, 50-100 hours as the arm and suspension slacken and the stylus beds in.

TT and arm - 50 hours as the wiring, motor and the bearings settle down.

Amp - 50 hours but they don't give a reason

Speakers- 50-100 hours as they slacken off.

Will see in a few weeks if I can notice a difference.

Alan Weir 1

Alan - You don't necessarily have to set the volume so loud during a RP calibration. Just get the level up to a decent, but bearable level and RP should still work out well. Might just take a little longer for it to decide what filters to use, but it should only add a few minutes at most to the calibration time.
I did notice that but I'm a bit of a stickler so if it days 10dbs then that how I set it.😀

Ascotbilly

Looks ace 👍🏻
But get them cables sorted 🤣🤣

Call me Candy

Yep.
Doesn't look like it does in the adverts.

Ugg10

Distinguished Member
Not being an expert in these matters just going with all the bumf that you get along with the equipment.

Cartridge, 50-100 hours as the arm and suspension slacken and the stylus beds in.

TT and arm - 50 hours as the wiring, motor and the bearings settle down.

Amp - 50 hours but they don't give a reason

Speakers- 50-100 hours as they slacken off.

Will see in a few weeks if I can notice a difference.

So if you started listening to vinyls now you could be all bedded in by sometime Wednesday Evening [if you don't sleep] :D:clap:

Alan Weir 1

Yep.
Doesn't look like it does in the adverts.
The TT looks quite stunning when set up, far better than any of the pics on Origin live's own Web site.

Alan Weir 1

Looks ace 👍🏻
But get them cables sorted 🤣🤣
Cables are the bane of my life! I see all pics on Web sites or of other people's systems and it all looks nice and neat. Whatever I do it's like I'm always having a bad cable day! Can send a man to the moon but they can't invent invisible cables. 😀😀

Ascotbilly

Al - And don’t forget about that magic fairy electric that powers Hifi in adverts 🤦🏻

PS - is that one of the Samsung “wall art” tellys above??

Call me Candy

I was only kidding along with @Ascotbilly with the cables.
I think all of your research & looking around has really paid off & as happy as I am with my TT, just a little bit envious.

Alan Weir 1

Al - And don’t forget about that magic fairy electric that powers Hifi in adverts 🤦🏻

Na, it's an LG that has an app with a load of nice photos and paintings that you can stick on instead of a blank screen. Let's you use your own photos as well.

Alan Weir 1

I was only kidding along with @Ascotbilly with the cables.
I think all of your research & looking around has really paid off & as happy as I am with my TT, just a little bit envious.
I had a listen to the Rega and was mighty impressed by the sound, was just looking for a wee bit more theatre with the looks.

Call me Candy

... Well mission accomplished.
I also think you got the speaker dimensions right with the PMCs instead of the701s.

Alan Weir 1

... Well mission accomplished.
I also think you got the speaker dimensions right with the PMCs instead of the701s.
Funnily enough was thinking the same thing last night. The 701s gorgeous as they are would have just looked plain silly and out of place.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom