• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Start button turns on controller/console

S

Simon Coates

Hi,

I didn't realise until today, but to turn on the controller/console you can press the start button as well as the guide button. By mistake I pressed the start button on the wireless controller instead of the guide button and it turned on as normal.:)
Anyway, it might be of use to someone - for example I've got a GH:WT guitar with a dicky guide button so from now on I'm using the start button to turn on the guitar and console.

HTH

Simon

LJx

Prominent Member
if you hold the 4 face buttons a.b,x,y and the 4 other buttons (triggers and RB LB) then press start it also turns the console off at any time you like

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
I've known it since my friend thought his controller was broken as start turned it on but i tried it on mine later on and it worked as well so came to the conclusion it was a general thing not us all having broken controllers

GMC79

Distinguished Member
Hi,

I didn't realise until today, but to turn on the controller/console you can press the start button as well as the guide button. By mistake I pressed the start button on the wireless controller instead of the guide button and it turned on as normal.:)
Anyway, it might be of use to someone - for example I've got a GH:WT guitar with a dicky guide button so from now on I'm using the start button to turn on the guitar and console.

HTH

Simon

if you hold the 4 face buttons a.b,x,y and the 4 other buttons (triggers and RB LB) then press start it also turns the console off at any time you like

wow took nearly 4 years but didnt know that. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom