Starlink: Battle For Atlas

Daft Ada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New toys-to-life shooter from Ubisoft that uses nfc tech to let players chop and change their ship. Ship components can be bought digitally as well as physically if you don't want to collect the actual toy parts.

Coming Autumn 2018

Nice concept, not sure I could be bothered to collect more amiibo type stuff, but if the digital ship parts are reasonably priced this could be a hit.

This looks really cool, if it wasn't for the real life toy stuff....

This does look quite interesting, I think it’s pretty clever how adding parts to the ships transfers instantly to screen.

This does look quite interesting, I think it’s pretty clever how adding parts to the ships transfers instantly to screen.

Premade NFC cards opportunity?

Maybe but then if it needs to be connected to the Starlink mount then not sure how NFC cards would work.
It will be interesting to see how well the mount works and if it's Bluetooth etc (it might already be known, I admit I have not looked).

Wow... surprised this has had no posts since July!

Didn't really have plans to get this as it looked too gimmicky, but once again good reviews and a bit of research have swayed me! Its really fantastic. I got the Digital version (tip, get it from USA store... MUCH cheaper) and you really don't need all the ship toys at all, can do everything in game.

I've played over 2 hours so far and its massive... like Ubisoft massive - but the most striking thing is how it performs and looks. Its so slick that for me, its up there with SMO, MK8 and Splatoon in terms of what a great Switch game looks like.

Its very much NMS, but through in the Star Fox stuff too, its basically the next Star Fox game. If you are a fan of that franchise, NMS or really slick space games, then its a no brainer. Highly recommend it.

Don't be put off by the art style (or 'toys') - it really reminds me of Saturday Morning cartoons and I actually find it quite refreshing that someone is releasing a game and not trying to make the characters 'photo realistic'.

Says not available for purchase??

6C26AB42-EFF5-4A21-B9D4-C17F273E73F6.jpeg

OK, so I really tried to stay away from this, but the moment I saw the Starfox link I had instant flashbacks of Lylat Wars and my first foray in the world of Nintendo 64.

Got the model box delivered yesterday with all the figures and the Starfox content. So excited!

The pricing for a standalone digital version is laughable! I want this game although I'm not paying £60+ for the pleasure!

The pricing for a standalone digital version is laughable! I want this game although I'm not paying £60+ for the pleasure!
Me neither £69.99 for a 7/10 game is laughable indeed

I got the Starfox model version for £52 delivered

I ended up buying the model version off of a local Facebook selling group, £35 brand new and sealed.

First impressions.... Reviews of 75%! That is very generous! Very average game, very repetitive game play and Ubisoft were obviously smoking something when they priced this up :D

I ended up buying the model version off of a local Facebook selling group, £35 brand new and sealed.

First impressions.... Reviews of 75%! That is very generous! Very average game, very repetitive game play and Ubisoft were obviously smoking something when they priced this up :D
Jeez, where are people living to find such bargains?! Outrageous.

My local FB group thinks a war-battered Switch is worth £300!

Is this game any good, smyths toys has starter set for £17.99 and ships at 12.99, characters £3.49 and weapons £4.99, can game be completed 100% with just what’s in starter pack?

I would have been all over this but have zero interest in the physical toys and the digital download has no resale value.

Physical starter kit is pure cash-in but yes, you can complete it 100% with what you have without spending a further penny.

I'm loving Starlink, I think its the fact there's space battles and on planet battles. Some of them can get repetitive.

I didn't realise until I was pretty into it that you can't unlock other ships/guns without buying it.

But you can definitely finish it without these.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom