Stargate Universe (S1 - with spoilers)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been mentioned (did a search).

A new concept is being drawn up for another Stargate spin-off TV series, no details to the premise of the show yet.

Likely to go live in 2008ish, more news here

Could be Wormhole Extreme :D

Or possibly a show based on the adventures of one of the previous shows starships, Deadalus/Odyssey, especially after recent developments in S10 (uk airing).

Who knows, time will tell. Maybe one spin-off is enough :)

Atlantis is going strong, and its sad that SG1 is being canceled. But I hope they do make a new show, something fresh.

Ship exploration wouldnt be bad as far as Im concerned. They could have a gate on the ship too as the goauld have done in the past.

It would have to be a new class of ship though. Something bigger. Maybe have a ZPM installed too. One of the ones from Atlantis.
(they gave 2 of the 3 they had awyay)

I suppose story wise they would either need to be stranded in another galaxy, or be looking for somethng in different galaxies.

Maybe something to defeat the Ori with.

Being stranded sounds too much like Voyager (trek) so im not sure that would work.

Another option would be peace keeping after defeating the ori (if they manage to do that by the end of the 10th season)

This idea was actually one proposed for a new star trek show. (the federation had grown to encompase the entire galaxy and thus they had to maintain the peace with a couple of powerfull ships and tactical away teams. a sort of special ops for the trek universe)

Something similar might work for Stargate. Having a ship patroling the galaxy keeping the peace and using the gate system to move people on a moments notice. This idea would also help to explain why SG1 is no longer needed. (story wise)
When peacefull explorers get stranded on a planet and they loose access to the gate, a tactical ship could be sent to rescue them. and so on.

Any other ideas?

Cant think of any non-ship based shows though...

Well Alantis and Stargate are my fav tv shows currently, so nice to know the adventures will continue.
Same here, didn't mean to sound negative with that last comment. Just hope they get it right, otherwise I'd prefer things to be left as they are and try and end on a high with SG1 and keep Atlantis going strong !!

Atlantis is going strong, and its sad that SG1 is being canceled. But I hope they do make a new show, something fresh.

Ship exploration wouldnt be bad as far as Im concerned. They could have a gate on the ship too as the goauld have done in the past.

It would have to be a new class of ship though. Something bigger. Maybe have a ZPM installed too. One of the ones from Atlantis.

I suppose story wise they would either need to be stranded in another galaxy, or be looking for somethng in different galaxies.

Being stranded sounds too much like Voyager (trek) so im not sure that would work.

Another option would be peace keeping after defeating the ori (if they manage to do that by the end of the 10th season)

This idea was actually one proposed for a new star trek show. (the federation had grown to encompase the entire galaxy and thus they had to maintain the peace with a couple of powerfull ships and tactical away teams. a sort of special ops for the trek universe)

Something similar might work for Stargate. Having a ship patroling the galaxy keeping the peace and using the gate system to move people on a moments notice. This idea would also help to explain why SG1 is no longer needed. (story wise)
When peacefull explorers get stranded on a planet and they loose access to the gate, a tactical ship could be sent to rescue them. and so on.

Any other ideas?

If they could find a ship like the Aurora again it may help pave the way for a ship based show and kick some Ori/Raith ass.

A Voyager type show might work, possibly another team stranded trying to get home using the stargate system rather than a ship. Across mutliple galaxies even ? Who Knows.

How about a show based in the distant future ? or even the past ? Ancient Egypt ? Endless possibilities, although I can only think of 2 or 3 :rotfl:

With one of the TV movies being time travel related that could be used as a device to introduce some new characters and situations.
The idea of Trek doing a time travel series based on the time ships from the 29th century always appealed:)

Atlantis is going strong, and its sad that SG1 is being canceled.

I've always liked SG1 and thought it unusual that it has stayed so watchable for so long - until recently.

Personally I think that they've run out of ideas and should have wrapped the series up on a high when they beat off the goa'uld. I don't think that replacing O'Neill with Mitchell was a positive step as he's still playing John Crichton and Claudia Black's character doesn't seem to serve any useful purpose that I can see either.

The story lines are getting a bit silly and to be honest I'll be glad that they've finally pulled the plug. Bringing it back in a new situation with new characters and actors might freshen it up a bit.

If they could find a ship like the Aurora again it may help pave the way for a ship based show and kick some Ori/Raith ass.

A Voyager type show might work, possibly another team stranded trying to get home using the stargate system rather than a ship. Across mutliple galaxies even ? Who Knows.

How about a show based in the distant future ? or even the past ? Ancient Egypt ? Endless possibilities, although I can only think of 2 or 3 :rotfl:

I like the idea of using an ancient ship fused with human/goauld tech, and a human/jaffa crew! Maybe throw in a few other races theyve encountered over the years.

I also agree that SG1 is a bit tired now. The last few seasons have been pretty boring.

I also dont like ben and claudia being in SG1. At first I though that having claudia was ok, but when they chose ben to replace RDA I thought "nah".

Having them both on the same show like that just isnt a good idea.
One of them, maybe, but not both.

It looks like most people are into the idea of a ship based show. After all what else could they do?

Atlantis being a station based show means another station (even a space one) wouldnt work very well. Space sounds good, but that only really leaves the ship idea.

You either use the gate network, or you use ships. Thats the only 2 options you really have in the stargate universe.

I suppose you could have humans seeding another galaxy with gates. That would be a future type show. But if it doesnt tie in with Atlantis in anyway, it may leave Atlantis a bit redundant. After all, if we have one show in the future and another still in the past...

It has to be something in the "present" but just fresh. New ideas and possibilites. That really only leaves ships+gates.

A show centred around the Ancients might be intersting there alot of good story lines there, acension, wraith war, creating the replicators, ori etc

I am more looking forward to the 2 SG-1 movies being lined up. First one will tie up the loose ends after the show finishes and the second will involve time travel:thumbsup:

That really only leaves ships+gates.
:) Quality line that one.

Agree a show set in the future may make Atlantis a bit redundant. Ben and Claudia are also a bit much, they are too similar to the characters they played in Farscape and when has there ever been a 5 person SG team !

A show centred around the Ancients might be intersting there alot of good story lines there, acension, wraith war, creating the replicators, ori etc
Sounds good, don't know if it would be too detached from the current shows though. It would make more sense to SG viewers but not sure about new viewers.

The trouble with Sci-Fi shows is that theres been so much ground covered already in previous shows :)

:) Quality line that one.

Agree a show set in the future may make Atlantis a bit redundant. Ben and Claudia are also a bit much, they are too similar to the characters they played in Farscape and when has there ever been a 5 person SG team !

Sounds good, don't know if it would be too detached from the current shows though. It would make more sense to SG viewers but not sure about new viewers.

The trouble with Sci-Fi shows is that theres been so much ground covered already in previous shows :)

I think the writers need to decide if they want to appeal to the current batch of viewers and fans, or if they want to appeal to a new bunch of sci fi viewers.

If they want to keep current folk happy then I gues something that follows on from SG1/Atlantis would be best. (ie ships) But if they want to grab a new audience then maybe they need to come up with something totaly new.

The idea of having a show based on the ancients and set in the past (millions of years) could be quite appealing to both new and old viewers.
The new ones not knowing much about stargate, could still get into a whole new show about a race of beings that lived millions of years ago.

And the old viewers would still love it since its about the ancients and could feature some really cool tech and stories that tie in with whats happened in the SG1/Atlantis time lines.
We could even see how the wraith and the goauld came to power!!
This also leaves the "futre" open to other possibilites.

I like this idea, but now as much as a ship based show!

(they should be paying us for these ideas...:D )

Although I agree it might make Atlantis a bit redundant I would like to see a show set in the future where humans are forming an alliance with the Asgard and Knox etc and maybe mucking round with ascension. Maybe they could have Daniel Jackson in it as a kind of half ascended being immortal yet not having the full knowledge and power of the ancients.

What I love most about Stargate is the use of mythical gods and people throughout our history to link with aliens. It’s a great way of explaining why such powerful races have been around for thousands of years and we don’t know about them because they have appeared to us as gods etc.

What ever they do I ll watch it:smashin:

Although I agree it might make Atlantis a bit redundant I would like to see a show set in the future where humans are forming an alliance with the Asgard and Knox etc and maybe mucking round with ascension. Maybe they could have Daniel Jackson in it as a kind of half ascended being immortal yet not having the full knowledge and power of the ancients.

What I love most about Stargate is the use of mythical gods and people throughout our history to link with aliens. It’s a great way of explaining why such powerful races have been around for thousands of years and we don’t know about them because they have appeared to us as gods etc.

What ever they do I ll watch it:smashin:

Humans are deemed to be the "5th Race" in the gate universe, so geting to the point where we become that race (with all its responsibilities attached) might also be a good starting point for a new show! :smashin:

(they should be paying us for these ideas...:D )
If only :D

A show based far in the past or in the distant future does appeal. Liked the idea of seeing how the Goaould came to be etc or even the original dust up between the Ancients and the Ori.

We might even get to see the Furlings :eek:

If only :D

A show based far in the past or in the distant future does appeal. Liked the idea of seeing how the Goaould came to be etc or even the original dust up between the Ancients and the Ori.

We might even get to see the Furlings :eek:

Yeah, when the 4 races were at the height of their power. That would be sweet.

Theres so much about the 4 races we dont know. So many possibilties.

Still, its all still in the early stages. Theres no guarantee they will ever make another show. But we can all hope!

Maybe they are just trying to lighten the blow they gave us when canceling SG1.

Don't the Furlings show up in the current (i.e. last) series of SG-1 ?

Don't the Furlings show up in the current (i.e. last) series of SG-1 ?
Not unless you count the ewok-like furballs that appeared in the spoof parts of the 200th episode. S10 not over yet though !!

Sorry, was unclear with my tense.
I believe the Furlings will (or do) show up in the SG-1 final series. Wife is a fan - she told me.

I agree that a lot of the ideas have been done. And I would be all for a short one season spin off going back to the past and the whole Acension thing. And it would probably fit in with the end of season 10.

Any other ideas?

You sound like a trekkie ... the worst kind!!! :rotfl:

Sorry, was unclear with my tense.
I believe the Furlings will (or do) show up in the SG-1 final series. Wife is a fan - she told me.

afraid your wife is mistaken, the creators of the show said it in jest during the series preview/promo, they simply said that you would finally get to see furlings, but they where actually talking about an ework parody in the 200th episode.

afraid your wife is mistaken, the creators of the show said it in jest during the series preview/promo, they simply said that you would finally get to see furlings, but they where actually talking about an ework parody in the 200th episode.

Did you just call a woman wrong?:eek:
God help you:devil:

You sound like a trekkie ... the worst kind!!! :rotfl:

Wll, excuse me for being a fan of good sci-fi! :D

Is it my fault that stargate has slowly take on many traits we can see in other shows like startrek? (ie, the use of ships for travel and battles)

I predicted a while back that ships would be used more and more in the gate universe, to jeers from gate fans saying that:
"Stargate is about gate travel, not ships. Go back to startrek!" :rolleyes:

Psh, wateva! Nothing wrong with ships as far as many people are concerned.

After all, it is how humans will eventually travel to other planets...(unless we uncover a gate in giza)

Wll, excuse me for being a fan of good sci-fi! :D

Is it my fault that stargate has slowly take on many traits we can see in other shows like startrek? (ie, the use of ships for travel and battles)

I predicted a while back that ships would be used more and more in the gate universe, to jeers from gate fans saying that:
"Stargate is about gate travel, not ships. Go back to startrek!" :rolleyes:

Psh, wateva! Nothing wrong with ships as far as many people are concerned.

After all, it is how humans will eventually travel to other planets...(unless we uncover a gate in giza)
I think your having flash backs from some argument you have had over the internet a few years ago. I just think you created a list of bad ideas based on a dead show. I trust the good people at SGC will come up with new ideas ...or at least copy a far superior show like Babylon 5. ... a space station with a supergate on it would be groovy.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom