Stargate Universe in HD

HD-Dude

Novice Member
Excellent and in THX 5.1. Is this a first for UK TV?

Sound is the best I have ever heard in the UK for broadcast.

The American storyline is a bit predictable though.

Jim.

barnsleykeith

Novice Member
Lt Scott was having sex with one of his female soldiers in a store room just before he ran out to meet the new visitors who beamed to the planet. That's why he was late. It's semi important because they meet up in ep 2 and give each other awkward glances and are embarassed. You won't get it now they've censored it.
Atlantis was censored last year as well so they can show it pre-watershed.

Excellent and in THX 5.1. Is this a first for UK TV?

Sound is the best I have ever heard in the UK for broadcast.

The American storyline is a bit predictable though.

Jim.
Was this broadcast in THX Neural 5.1 then...? Or did it just have the THX logo at the beggining/end?
I'm at work at the moment but it should be on my hard drive for tomorrow...

stblob

My Sky HD box decided to part rec, power cut!!! Beet's me why that is, was there but did not have a power cut.

barnsleykeith

Novice Member
It will be available on Anytime from Wednesday. There's a late night repeat next Monday in HD. If you can cope with Sky 2 I imagine it will pop up on there soon(maybe tomorrow)

Last edited:

HD-Dude

Novice Member
Was this broadcast in THX Neural 5.1 then...? Or did it just have the THX logo at the beggining/end?
I'm at work at the moment but it should be on my hard drive for tomorrow...
The THX 5.1 logo came on the front indicator of my AV amp. Never seen it before.

Jim.

Migman

It will be available on Anytime from Wednesday. There's a late night repeat next Monday in HD. If you can cope with Sky 2 I imagine it will pop up on there soon(maybe tomorrow)
Do you know if the Monday repeats are uncensored?

The THX 5.1 logo came on the front indicator of my AV amp. Never seen it before.

Jim.
Strange - THX is post processing...something that's done by the amp. I think the only way that something can be broadcast in THX is by the Neural method - but as I see it, that's the THX version of PLII - makes 5.1 channels out of 2 kind of thing...I'll have a watch later.

What amp do you have out of interest?

HD-Dude

Novice Member
Strange - THX is post processing...something that's done by the amp. I think the only way that something can be broadcast in THX is by the Neural method - but as I see it, that's the THX version of PLII - makes 5.1 channels out of 2 kind of thing...I'll have a watch later.

What amp do you have out of interest?
Denon AVC-A1XV.

Paulie-W

I had a "No signal" only on sky1 hd for this (and i've been looking forward to it for a while now). Thing is, that after all the SGU stuff my box was fine. All the other HD chanels were ok during this time too. So no recordings for me.

AndySX

Standard Member
I got up this morning to find my Amstrad box had a technical fault on every channel, but it had a great signal on both recievers. A reboot fixed it, which I was happy with, it was then on for a minute or so before I lost the signal to the telly for a few seconds and then it came back?

Wen to see if my Stargate was there, part1 recorded, part 2 failed due to no disk space (there was 79% remaining) and warehouse 13 clashed with nothing as far as I can see? Not fussed and warehouse 13 and luckily part 2 of SGU was on anytime :)

Gonna watch it as soon as our new baby is done listening to Mornings on Classic FM :smashin:

Last edited:
It was broadcast in Dolby Digital 5.1. I always use THX Ultra2 processing anyway so my THX light is lit all the time.
Though you are right - it does sound good...real LFE kick in the chest with the bass in this.

barnsleykeith

Novice Member
Do you know if the Monday repeats are uncensored?
The Anytime versions are the uncensored ones- the sex scene between Lt Scott and the female soldier is present- so Sky do have uncut, as US versions. It's on Sky 2 tonight at 9pm. If that is uncut then the Monday night ones should be too. Will update after I check the Sky 2 airings.

Last edited:

Longy00000

Why is only part 2 on Anytime? Bit daft to only download one half.

Both episodes on my Anytime planner.....not sure what happened to yours.

barnsleykeith

Novice Member
Ep 1 on Sky 2 at the moment is the uncut one as aired in the US. Looks like Monday's HD offering will be the same. At least we'll be able to see them as intended when Anytime stops DLing them.

endaf.e

Standard Member
I got up this morning to find my Amstrad box had a technical fault on every channel, but it had a great signal on both recievers. A reboot fixed it, which I was happy with, it was then on for a minute or so before I lost the signal to the telly for a few seconds and then it came back?

Wen to see if my Stargate was there, part1 recorded, part 2 failed due to no disk space (there was 79% remaining) and warehouse 13 clashed with nothing as far as I can see? Not fussed and warehouse 13 and luckily part 2 of SGU was on anytime :)

Gonna watch it as soon as our new baby is done listening to Mornings on Classic FM :smashin:

Just a note on this my partner has sky+ not hd, and on wednesday morning all had tech fault bbc, sky1 all, had to reboot box with backup button. works since. Strange.

derek500

Ep 1 on Sky 2 at the moment is the uncut one as aired in the US. Looks like Monday's HD offering will be the same. At least we'll be able to see them as intended when Anytime stops DLing them.

Episode one arrived on Anytime this morning. We held off watching in case this happened.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020

Latest News

McIntosh launches MX100 AV processor and MI347 power amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung updates and expands access to Samsung TV Plus
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney+ UK introduces GroupWatch co-viewing feature
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published