Stargate SG-1: The Complete Series on Blu-ray

Indiana Jones

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Quite a surprise to see this released out of no where by VEI in the US last week.

Seems that Seasons 1-7 are new upscales and superior in quality to the MGM DVDs but only feature lossy Dolby audio however Seasons 8-10 are full HD versions so those should offer a substantial improvement (I say should but sounds like even these have been slapped with DNR scrubbing away detail)

Now of course full blown proper HD remasters of 1-7 would have been preferred but that won’t come cheap so guess they figured this was better than nothing.

Next up VEI are releasing Atlantis so it’s not impossible that they will also put out Universe which never received a Blu-ray release for Season 2 which would be long overdue.

C003F5CD-1F24-46AD-8A57-C1D5A52EDFD9.jpg

Last edited:
Just tried to order but won’t ship to UK. Amazon US no go either.

Just tried to order but won’t ship to UK. Amazon US no go either.

Yea seems to be a difficult one to source at present, I am going to wait and see if anything happens with Universe before ordering.

Last edited:
looks like reshipping companies are the way forward in 2021

looks like reshipping companies are the way forward in 2021
For me only in exceptional circumstances which this is not. Last time I used MYUS it took ages and I ended up paying almost as much in duty/shipping as the item itself cost. It’s a last resort sort of thing.

Do you think this will come out in the uk. Great news it is coming to blu ray.

For me only in exceptional circumstances which this is not. Last time I used MYUS it took ages and I ended up paying almost as much in duty/shipping as the item itself cost. It’s a last resort sort of thing.
Really? I use shipito ,you fill out your own customs value online. Received £2000 worth of blu rays for a declared value $14 shipping last week.shipped by dhl express for $380

Attachments

• 3701F351-7E2D-4B2C-AD78-A586412BCAD1.jpeg
    3701F351-7E2D-4B2C-AD78-A586412BCAD1.jpeg
    255.2 KB · Views: 185
Really? I use shipito ,you fill out your own customs value online. Received £2000 worth of blu rays for a declared value $14 shipping last week.shipped by dhl express for $380
If that parcel had gone missing/lost in transit, you would’ve only been refunded the postage + $14...

Only $14. But it’s got full tracking and the i get around 15 deliveries a year for the past 6 years and have never lost an item. This is dhl and fed ex not Royal Mail :D

Thanks for the tip. Nevertheless I will just be waiting until it is hopefully listed on Amazon.com and ships to the UK. Just so much easier. Not looking forward to having to rip 40 discs though, I have not got a Region A bluray though my network media players will handle it.

Also keep an eye on wowhd it may pop up on there

Also keep an eye on wowhd it may pop up on there
I swore I would never use WowHD ever again after they sent me a disc in corrugated card packaging that was soaked and in pieces by the time it reached me but yes its another potential source.

The company that released this tend to only ship to USA and usually only sell on Amazon don't they? They've released a couple of 70's tv series on DVD that i had to source via ebay.

Thanks for the tip. Nevertheless I will just be waiting until it is hopefully listed on Amazon.com and ships to the UK. Just so much easier. Not looking forward to having to rip 40 discs though, I have not got a Region A bluray though my network media players will handle it.

Discs are region free apparently.

Complete Universe set due for release next Friday :)

SGU-BD_800x.jpg

Is there a typo in this, you paid $380 in shipping?

As for the set this may be the best we get but it seems there are some issues with the sound, I haven't been following closely enough to know exactly what I will see if I can post a summary, also apparently the sound is 2.0 only where as the previous DVD release had 5.1.

I also see for SGU they seem to have reverted the sound back to lossy.

I too am looking to pick this up, it is the only way to get the later seasons in HD on disc and maybe the best we ever get especially if MGM get bought be a streaming company.

Is there a typo in this, you paid $380 in shipping?

As for the set this may be the best we get but it seems there are some issues with the sound, I haven't been following closely enough to know exactly what I will see if I can post a summary, also apparently the sound is 2.0 only where as the previous DVD release had 5.1.

I also see for SGU they seem to have reverted the sound back to lossy.

I too am looking to pick this up, it is the only way to get the later seasons in HD on disc and maybe the best we ever get especially if MGM get bought be a streaming company.

The issue I have seen mentioned is that the 5.1 track on the SG-1 and now Universe releases is actually just a stereo track faked to surround and not a true 5.1 which is really bad IMO

The issue I have seen mentioned is that the 5.1 track on the SG-1 and now Universe releases is actually just a stereo track faked to surround and not a true 5.1 which is really bad IMO
That sounds about right, is that for all seasons? I see folks are posting delay settings to use for those that want to mux the 5.1 from the original DVD. Sounds like a hell of a lot of work.

That sounds about right, is that for all seasons? I see folks are posting delay settings to use for those that want to mux the 5.1 from the original DVD. Sounds like a hell of a lot of work.

Apparently so which sound like a right balls up.

If they had proper lossless audio tracks I would have already ordered them but to be honest they don't sound worth it even more so in regards to Universe, would be nice to have Season 2 on disc but sounds like it would offer an inferior experience to the iTunes 1080p versions.

Anyone manage to get this in the UK?

After the subpar upgrade and screwed up audio I decided to just stick with my DVDs, not sure I even want to get Universe Season 2 as that sounds like it also has issues.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom