Stargate SG-1 Season 1.

Michael_Hunt

Established Member
Reaction score
Just received season 1 dvd's and I noticed that the episodes are in a different order to what they should be if you look at SG-1 sites like www.sg1archive.com the order is different. I also found this on the video's as well. Big question is why.

Did you but R1 or R2? R1 has the right episodes.

However, R2 have seperate DVD's and didn't release all the season 1 episodes and ended up putting a "best of season 1" release for R2.

They are releasing a proper box set in October that matches the R1 version.

Surprise, surprise. They keep finding these ways of wringing every penny they can out of us collectors. Damn good job I decided to stick with Region 1, Region 2 are just taking the p***.:rolleyes:

I already have season 1 and 2 box sets r1 and was going to buy season 3,4 and 5 on r2 just to get set. Do ypu think it would be better to wait for further r1 box sets. Why are they out on r2 first anyway.

Mike,

The reason many TV shows appear on R2 UK DVD before the US, is due to TV Syndication rights. That is, TV shows will be bought by various TV networks and stations, and they get the chance to play them for X number of years, before any DVD or VHS release is made.

Also, if you've started buying the R1 boxed-sets, then I'd stick to those, rather than trying to mix them about.

Pooch

How much do the sets actually cost? I used to love SG, it would be nice to get a collection of them. What season was most recently aired on sky 1?
ad

The R1 boxsets are on 5 discs and are about £40. DV depot (where I got my season 1) is selling it season 2 for £42.

Play are selling R1 Season 2 for 3 £37.99 but they took ages to get hold of Season 1 and are selling it for £52.99 the last time I looked.

Thank you! Might take a dander over there! I could do with some winter viewing

ad

Anyone got ant idea when the next R1 boxset will be available.

I couldnt wait for all the region1 or 2 boxsets to come out so did the next best thing,got the region1 season 1 boxset secondhand for £20 and that just got the region2 as they were released.
Has anyone else noticed the huge increase in picture quality which started in the season4 releases,by comparrison the season 2 and 3 look very grainy yet the season 1 region1 boxset ones look good as well.

Originally posted by nwgarratt
The R1 boxsets are on 5 discs and are about £40. DV depot (where I got my season 1) is selling it season 2 for £42.

Play are selling R1 Season 2 for 3 £37.99 but they took ages to get hold of Season 1 and are selling it for £52.99 the last time I looked.

About £26 for each Season (R1) at DVD Soon.

R2 Season 1 boxset is released on the 21st October (RRP £49.99), Play have it for £39.99

Originally posted by smallman28
Has anyone else noticed the huge increase in picture quality which started in the season4 releases,by comparrison the season 2 and 3 look very grainy yet the season 1 region1 boxset ones look good as well.

On one of the commentries on the R2 discs it mentions that they switched formats. Icant remeber exactly what they were. Video to film, or 35mm to 70mm something like that. They joked you could see the "stock" shots from the first couple of seasons 'cos the grain would appear for 10 seconds for the footage and then disappear when wiping to new material.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom