1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stargate SG-1, different Regions = different disks?

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by DaveP, Jan 26, 2004.

1. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Over the last couple of years I have been buying the cheapest/special offers on the SG-1 DVDs.

I started with the individual disks from Australia for Seasons 1 & 2. This gave me 7 volumes, numbered Vol1 to Vol7. I then got season 3 Box Set cheap from the USofA and this contained 5 DVD cases. These were numbered, somewhat confusingly, Vol1 to Vol5 though. I then got the Season 4 Boxset (Region 2) and this contains six cases numbered Vol14 to Vol19. I then got Seson 5 in individual cases again.

Now, the thing is, what has happened to Volume 13 (assuming the R1 box is vols 8-12)? Or do the R1 disk come in a different sequence?

Thanks for any suggestions regarding this!

Dave

2. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    The R1 Season 3 Boxset is 5 discs and contains 22 Episodes.

The R2 Season 3 Boxset is 6 Discs and contains 22 Episodes but contains just the Volumes 8-13 stuck in a Boxset.

As you can see the R1 set has a disc less but the same number of episodes, that is why it seems you are missing Volume 13, because the R1 releases are their own sets and not just the Volumes stuck in a box because they never released Volumes, just the boxsets.

3. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks mate, that explains it!

Dave