Stargate SG-1 Cancelled

It is a shame but at least Atlantis is still going.

Still a little hope if MGM can find a US channel to pick up season 11 and even take the whole package for syndication. That combined with Canadian and UK sales plus dozens of other nations and DVD revenue could still save the show.

If Atlantis doesn't pick up in the ratings then next season will be it's last, it's been doing slightly better than SG1 but perhaps only it's lower production costs have saved it this time round.

I love stargate, but it's better to go out on a high, than to drag it on for more seasons to come. I say finish it at season 10, and make it a cracking one.

I for one would like to think back and say how much I enjoyed the show, and not say "man did they drag that on".

On the other hand if you still enjoy SG1, you can sign the online petition here.

That is just UNBELEIVABLE! :mad:
After that 200th ep and all?

I knew these last couple of seasons were a bit weak, but with RDA back and all i thought it would have started to pick up. I cant beleive they would cut them off so suddenly after all this time!

You would think they would get another season as a thanks for all this time they put into it!

Atlantis is good, so im glad thats still there. They could send some of the SG1 guys over there!

We should start a petition to save SG1.

Woe is me. Lets hope we get a good season finale to end the run. 10 series though, great legacy to leave behind, people will be watching and enjoying reruns and dvds for years to come I'm sure.

Got to say, I am not surprised.

the last season wich became Farscape sg1 and this season only having RDA in around 3 episodes of the twenty really has put me off of the show. I stoped buying the DVDs at the end of season 8 which i thought was a good place to finish it. Lets just hope they get a good 3 to 4 episode arc to go out on.

It has been dragging for a while now and Atlantis has an air of freshness about it.....think its the right move TBH.

Just wish Sky would start showing atlantis in HD....

Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
sad-smiley-043.gif

mixed-smiley-012.gif

lovemunkey187 said:
Not seen many of the later episodes but at least it's had a ten year run which, lets face it is a miracle when most scifi shows seem lucky to get a complete first season.

exactly SG1 fans are very lucky to get 10 seasons & tbh it's been on a downward spiral for years now, since the end of S6 really. I'm glad it's over so we can see something completely new...anyway what with Atlantis & another spinoff due stargate fans are well away!

maybe Firefly/serenity could return to the small screen in it's place that's a show that NEEDS to be continued in any form, mini series, full series, TV movie.:lease:

Liked all the series from episode 2 onwards, but not seen the ones not shown on terestrial yet.
Never saw the first few Atlantis but the others I never realy liked but sci-fi always seems to have a dodge first season.

pags payback said:
maybe Firefly/serenity could return to the small screen in it's place that's a show that NEEDS to be continued in any form, mini series, full series, TV movie.:lease:

Definately. I want to know more about Shepherd Book. Are there any Firefly books available?

This is the Right move, SG1 has been dragging on for some time now.

AML said:
That is just UNBELEIVABLE! :mad:
After that 200th ep and all?

I knew these last couple of seasons were a bit weak, but with RDA back and all i thought it would have started to pick up. I cant beleive they would cut them off so suddenly after all this time!...
RDA is not back dude just felt like doing a few episodes

always enjoyed sg1 but lets be honest , they have been flogging a dead horse for a few years now. all we can hope for is that it goes out with a bang

metropolis said:
always enjoyed sg1 but lets be honest , they have been flogging a dead horse for a few years now. all we can hope for is that it goes out with a bang

TBH I can't see it going out with a bang. Did you see the s9 finale? omg that has to be one of the worst space battles ever with old style trek virtually stationary ships firing at each other:rolleyes: . I also think the Ori story's pretty crappy too , I much prefer Atlantis' bad guys(names elude me now).

Definately. I want to know more about Shepherd Book. Are there any Firefly books available?

I think so but whether they're about Book or not I can't say:confused:

Sad news, but as someone has said, it's been going down hill for a while now.

It seems to have lost something with the departure of O'neill and although I'm getting used to the replacement he's not a patch on RDA.

I think the Ori aren't a great enemy either.

As a last point; WTF is going on with a mid season break of 6 months? I know it's been long sometimes, but never that long, surely.

pags payback said:
Did you see the s9 finale? omg that has to be one of the worst space battles ever with old style trek virtually stationary ships firing at each other:rolleyes: .

I thought it was spectacular given the budget of a TV show:)

While I am all in favour of having a hundred Vipers and Raiders zooming in and out of frame cannons firing there is only so much you can do with capital type ships, even the Galactica and Star Destroyers only crawled along:)
The season 9 finale was for the most part all big ship battles and once sub light engines were used to shift their huge bulk around it was in essence a battleship engagment with the long range weapons.

Anything else would have looked stupid, impressive no doubt but stupid:)

McNab said:
As a last point; WTF is going on with a mid season break of 6 months? I know it's been long sometimes, but never that long, surely.

The people that run Scifi are trying some new things, they have had a bit of success thanks to offering their new shows when the main networks are in reruns and now think they are a serious player.

Delaying BSG until the US networks are in full flow is a huge risk and it's certainy hurt the summer ratings and if the rest of the first half of Sg1/Atlantis doesn't pick up then the long break could really hurt Atlantis.

It will be a day long remembered…
It has seen the end of Stargate SG-1, it will soon see the end of decent television as we know it.

Starburst said:
I thought it was spectacular given the budget of a TV show:)

While I am all in favour of having a hundred Vipers and Raiders zooming in and out of frame cannons firing there is only so much you can do with capital type ships, even the Galactica and Star Destroyers only crawled along:)
The season 9 finale was for the most part all big ship battles and once sub light engines were used to shift their huge bulk around it was in essence a battleship engagment with the long range weapons.

Anything else would have looked stupid, impressive no doubt but stupid:)

B5 managed to make it interesting & not stupid using capital type ships & to be honest SG1 has done better with goauld/asguard & or replicator ships. the s9 finale was just poor imo.

It will be a day long remembered…
It has seen the end of Stargate SG-1, it will soon see the end of decent television as we know it.

stargates been mediocre to poor for ages besides there's BSG which is far better...now that would be a sad day if that was cancelled early.

Reign-Mack said:
This is the Right move, SG1 has been dragging on for some time now.

RDA is not back dude just felt like doing a few episodes

But surely now that its been canceled he will do some more to help the show go out with a bang?

I never felt like it was dragging. I just felt like they had hit a rough spot with the current characters and story.
They were coming out of it now. I think originaly they were going to end the show arround season 8 with the Jaffa finaly going free and the Goauld being defeated.
But since the show got renewed they started the whole ori story ark but they didnt seem to know what they were doing. I think they were caught by surprise and did a half-baked thing.
They should dump SG1 and start somthing fresh (like Atlantis).

Sad to see it go but not at all surprised.

It was never going to be the same once RDA left, and after a new general and that other guy came in, the programme has been completely different. As the ratings have shown a lot of people have disliked the changes.

The series should have ended when they finally defeated all the ga'ould (sp?)

And I really hope Atlantis bucks its ideas up as some of the last seasons episodes were complete crap.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom