1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stargate Season Box Sets

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by theanimal, Apr 23, 2002.

1. theanimal

theanimal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just started collecting Sci-Fi DVDs (got Star Trek Next Generation Season 1, Farscape Set 1.1 and Lexx Set 1.1). Stargate DVD's are single and only have two episodes each and they don't look very nice next to box other box sets. Does anyone have any idea whether us UK viewers are every likely to see a Stargate Season Box Sets?

2. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
  3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Animal,

You wrote: "Stargate DVD's are single and only have two episodes each."

Errrmm, no offence, but I think that every "Stargate SG-1" UK DVD release has had at least 4 episodes, with the exception of the volume that contains the final 2 episodes of Season 3.

I think you've got your facts mixed-up somewhere along the line.

Pooch

4. Thor

Thor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I think the rumour was that R1 box set 2 was going to be released this autumn. Dont know why they need to take so long, region 2 is far ahead in releasing episodes. It's a pity cause as you can see by my name, I'm a great fan of the series and want to buy R1 complete box sets of seasons. Ho hum, I've still got a few months to go.:rolleyes:

5. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Region 2 also started at season 2 for some strange reason. The first DVD was "best of" season one and contained 2 discs. A couple of the end of season discs where the last two episodes of that season are couple with further season one episodes.

Having got the first 18 discs, I'm reluctant to stop and start getting the region 1, so I'll stick with R2 hoping they sort out season one properly.

6. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Graham,

As much as it would be nice to get proper R2 releases of all the Season 1 episodes, I doubt it will happen. After all, a) you'll have duplicate episodes, b) they won't fit in, alongside the other 20+ volumes, and c) it won't be economically viable.

It would have been far more sensible, to release either all Season boxed sets, or else start from the very beginning of Season 1, and release EVERY episode, then they wouldn't have experienced the problems of some of the volumes only containing 2 end-of-season episodes, plus two random Season 1 episodes.

Let's just hope the R1 releases are presented uncut, in widescreen, and with full DD Surround or DD 5.1 sound, and not the whole mixture of sound formats the UK versions got.

Pooch

7. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    on the later discs on some of the commentries it mentions them using stock footage from season one filmed in (I think) 35mm. From season 2 onwards they mostly filmed (again I think) 70mm and inserted the stock scenes such as armed mem at the guard posts on top of Cheyenne Mountain etc. You can actually see the switch in quality. Nice for them to explain why though.

Was the series done in DD 5.1 or indeed did it switch 2nd season like they did with video quality? I can't remember anything mentioning it.