Stargate Origins (2017) webisodes 15th February

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Stargate Origins, a new digital series coming to MGM’s forthcoming streaming service

Each episode of Origins will run 10 minutes in length, with the first season of 10 episodes available exclusively on a new website called Stargate Command.

According to MGM’s announcement, Command will also be an official destination for all things Stargate, including a “variety of Stargate assets and content from the franchise’s nearly 25-year history.”

I was excited to see this as I thought it might be a new series, but then saw the mention of 10 minute episodes. Oh well. :(

Given the dearth of any recent space-based dramas I've enjoyed rewatching the SG Universe series, still a few duff episodes but not too bad out of 40.

Half that trailer seems what we have seen before and the other half ads for other links.

I was excited to see this as I thought it might be a new series, but then saw the mention of 10 minute episodes. Oh well. :(

Same here, was interested until read what the length of the episodes would be. Why bother.

They don't sell it with this BTS promo

That actually looks quite good.

Well the first 3 episodes are not out, any one watched it?

Watched them earlier, prepare yourself.

Ep1-3
Its ok at bet, far too short!, always knew it was low budget production, acting is a bit hammy.
The Goa'uld look odd, the stargate effect ripple could be better. 6/10
Now with a polished Trek back, maybe MGM does the same for Stargate.

It didn’t seem to know what it was actually trying to be, it has elements from the film that were dropped for the series but it has elements from the series that were not in the film plus they have retconned previously established events.

I get the impression they are treating everything past the opening of the film as never having happened so they can create their own ‘Origins’ story which has no relation to the film or any of the series which is a shame.

I've watched all three and I'm hooked.

I love the 10 minute episodes.

Episodes 4-5

Turn the colour down and watch them in B/W, like old serials

ep 5 was better than 4, magic spanner.

Wand of Horus ;)

Certainly enjoyed episodes 4 and 5 more than the first three, what’s not to like about Staff weapons and transport rings :)

the Lady Gaga cosplayers/the goa'uld are a bit sparse?

I thought it was odd that they nailed the sound effects for the DHD and rings but the staff blast was nothing like the original/series, odd oversight.

Last edited:
Shame about the acting. The story is solid but I would prefer a new Star Gate TV show. Seems like resting a franchise is the way to go. I was over Star Gate and it's various spin offs the last time they were on TV. Now I would happily watch a new series....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom